Blockading ports

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

GShock

Blockading ports

Post by GShock »

I have a Q as Union...yes finally playing as Union.

When i play as CSA i see the Union AI blockading my ports...fleet container in mississipi river mouth goes on top of the anchor, hiding it so i guess this is how it gets blockaded. As Union i sent 2 fleet containers (Blockade 1 and Home Squad) to the same ocean zone and set one on Mobile river and one on Mississipi mouth but they didn't.

So the Q is: How do i blockade ports? Do i need a specific number or type of ships?
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
MilRevKo

RE: Blockading ports

Post by MilRevKo »

A minimum of 30 ships in a fleet are needed to blockade a port.
Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus
decaro

Post by decaro »

Do frigates count as they're technically not ships in FoF?
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
GShock

Post by GShock »

What is sure is u need fleet container as they give u ability to order blockade. U need ship-fgt-iclad i guess in container but if u blockade % of CSA ports with 30+ ships then u qualify for VP bonus.

Question is why sometimes the container goes to cover the anchors (meaning port is blockaded) and why some other times it doesn't. Anyone knows?
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
Conny D

Post by Conny D »

ORIGINAL: GShock

What is sure is u need fleet container as they give u ability to order blockade. U need ship-fgt-iclad i guess in container but if u blockade % of CSA ports with 30+ ships then u qualify for VP bonus.

Question is why sometimes the container goes to cover the anchors (meaning port is blockaded) and why some other times it doesn't. Anyone knows?

So when a blockade fleet doesnt count at least 30 vessels the port isnt blocked at all? That would explain why i dont notice any effects of union blockade even when nearly all southern ports are permanently opposed by fleets of about 20 vessels in my current game. I mean in Nation window the USA never has any victory pts for the blockade entry and i was wondering why is that.
Yeah right AFAIK Lincoln ordered the Anaconda strategy but the navy seems not to comply :-)
GShock

Post by GShock »

No Conny, i'm saying with just 2 ships in container, some containers go OVER the anchor which i suppose meaning that port is blockaded (happens with galveston and with Mobile and Norfolk) and some other times, the same number of ships in another container and even more than those, i.e. neuse river does NOT go on top of the anchors. This means i don't know exactly when a port is blockaded and when not. In either case i select the option to blockade port but some ports u see container cover the anchor sign, some others...the container, despite the order to blockade, doesn't go there and remains in the middle of the sea zone.

Perhaps Erik can solve this mystery.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Frigates do count toward blockade.

I don't know why the graphic doesn't apply in some cases.  I haven't seen this when playing the USA navy.

You can give the order to blockade with only two ships, but in terms of victory conditions and reducing the CSA economy, that blockade will not count.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”