Union navy?

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

R.E.LEE

Union navy?

Post by R.E.LEE »

im 3 years into a war,small setup all advance options second srgt levey.my ? is why have i not seen one single union ship no ship battles no blockades nothing,has anyone had this happen?i havent even seen one moving and i know the union has a big navy in all the other senerios,im gueesing in the small setup they start with no ships and the AI is to dumb to build any?[&:]
Gil R.

RE: Union navy?

Post by Gil R. »

The AI does build ships on its own. My guess is that since you're playing small setup it probably doesn't see a need. Once you move on to the main scenarios you'll definitely see some naval action.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

gil did you see my post on forts in our last thread?
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Well it is a great battle im having the instant battle is working awesome now,Tenneese and kentucky are a constant back and forth blood bath,i finaly sent 30 ironclads to attack a port and was destroyed by us navy docked in port,so they are there but are not doing anything with the navy,it is now 1866 and as long as the game doesnt end,for some stupid point reason ill keep playing and recomend it to anyone,i complained when it came out about the victory points ending the game before i wanted to stop fighting and they changed it so i have it set to no timelimit bonus for csa and double vp,so as long as i dont get 48 points more than the usa it should keep play indefinetly rite?
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE

Not yet. Been spending little time on the forum in the past 24 hrs. Will look for it.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Well it is a great battle im having the instant battle is working awesome now,Tenneese and kentucky are a constant back and forth blood bath,i finaly sent 30 ironclads to attack a port and was destroyed by us navy docked in port,so they are there but are not doing anything with the navy,it is now 1866 and as long as the game doesnt end,for some stupid point reason ill keep playing and recomend it to anyone,i complained when it came out about the victory points ending the game before i wanted to stop fighting and they changed it so i have it set to no timelimit bonus for csa and double vp,so as long as i dont get 48 points more than the usa it should keep play indefinetly rite?

Oh, were you one of the ones (or the one) who asked for the "total victory" option soon after release? (I knew I had seen the name R.E. Lee somewhere before...) That would explain why the game is still going into 1866.

I've never played the game long enough to know, but I believe you're right, that it could go on indefinitely if you don't reach the needed victory points.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Not yet. Been spending little time on the forum in the past 24 hrs. Will look for it.

I didn't see it. Please direct me there.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”