Third Reich v1a released, AI scenario. Comments needed.

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Delyn Locksmiths

Third Reich v1a released, AI scenario. Comments needed.

Post by Delyn Locksmiths »

My Third Reich scenario is finished. I'm having trouble uploading it so if anybody wants a copy just email me dewi at delynlocks dot com and i'll get you the zip file. If anybody wants to help by uploading it via ftp to stop the timeouts then that would be great. Heres a screenie of the mess that was the balkans in my playtest.

I've fixed all the bugs i found in two play throughs. I welcome any bug finders, or any comments on balance an playability. I feel the west is probably too strong and the Soviet Union too weak. Any comments on techs, ranges, OOB, events etc welcomed. I intend to work on this scenario to get it better, though i think it's quite a tidy beginning.

Attachments
screenie.jpg
screenie.jpg (102.43 KiB) Viewed 5 times
IRONCROM

RE: Third Reich v1a released, AI scenario. Comments needed.

Post by IRONCROM »

Hey Delyn send me the scenario. You can find my E-mail on the AT community site.
IRONCROM

Post by IRONCROM »

Now is this player(axis) versus (allied) AI. Or will it go both ways? You would almost need 2 seperate scenarios here. one for each side the AI is going to play so you could make it more chalenging for the human player.
Delyn Locksmiths

That's exactly what it is. Axis player, vs Allied AI. I will also make an Axis Ai one for play as an allied layer. But want to get this one out first. Like you say, there are tweaks and changes, and coded events to give the AI a chance.

I'm emailing it to you now, it works all the way through, and the allies are very tough. But theres lots of work to do on it in terms of getting a nice balanced feel i think.
kirkgregerson

Post by kirkgregerson »

Can you email me scenario? I still have my box verion of now defunct Avalon Hill's attempt at computer gaming. Played for a bit and even after their patchs, the game was very buggy and AI was horrible. You know Hasbro bought them out and only kept a few of their games(A&A) and staff. I actually still have one box version of the computer game in the plastic. I was sent two as a result of some mix-up in Avalon Hill's shipping dept, maybe that helped put them out of business... [:D]. Reading requirements of that game, 10 yrs ago?, are funny.

alaric318

Post by alaric318 »

ORIGINAL: kirkgregerson

Can you email me scenario? I still have my box verion of now defunct Avalon Hill's attempt at computer gaming. Played for a bit and even after their patchs, the game was very buggy and AI was horrible. You know Hasbro bought them out and only kept a few of their games(A&A) and staff. I actually still have one box version of the computer game in the plastic. I was sent two as a result of some mix-up in Avalon Hill's shipping dept, maybe that helped put them out of business... [:D]. Reading requirements of that game, 10 yrs ago?, are funny.

well, i quote you but it is a message for all, do you know about "clash of steel", well, there are a windows based version, and is freeware, somewhat named after "clash of steel 2", it works under windows and is freeware, here goes the link, i hope you enjoy one game on it...

http://home.comcast.net/~babadger/COS2/index.html

best regards,

murat30.
There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
Delyn Locksmiths

Excellent link, Cheers. LOL my wife couldn't tell the difference between COS and AT [8|]
alaric318

Post by alaric318 »

ORIGINAL: Delyn Locksmiths

Excellent link, Cheers. LOL my wife couldn't tell the difference between COS and AT [8|]

... [:)] cheers, well, better way, as my experience tell me is say "it is as collect poetry books..., you can have hundreds of them but not enough" [;)]

good luck with your mod,

with best regards,

murat30/alarick.
There is no plan of battle that survives the contact with the enemy.
Tagwyn

Post by Tagwyn »

OK Del: Where the heck is it? Send it to me please. Tagwyn
PS: I am of Welsh descent. [&o]
Widell

Post by Widell »

Check the Scenario Bank Sandbox: http://www.advancedtactics.org/
Appren

Post by Appren »

I played the war on soviet card in August 41, but there was no war. Do I have to wait for the Soviets to declare on me now? :(
Delyn Locksmiths

No, that'sa  blitz card, lessens the soviets readiness, but doesn't actually set you to war. You need to go to the diplomatics screen to do that. I think I'll change that next game so it starts a war too. makes sense.
Appren

Post by Appren »

Ah yes, I found that out now. Reloaded my backupsave for the month, and declared war as well. All is good :)
Appren

Post by Appren »

Got to december 43, but when starting my next turn the game crash, sadly. O well, I probably wouldn't get Moscow anyway :/
Widell

Post by Widell »

Do you have yuour last savefile? Could be useful for those in the position to figure out what caused your crash....
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Hi, so far this scenario is very interesting, esp since AI plays fairly fast. Is it still being developed? If so a few tiny comments:
-the game displays a message about missing reich.jpg, not that it's important, but...
-it'd be great to have some difficulty settings, esp since editing the scenario requires a password.

Anyway great job and thanx for an enjoyable scenario.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Widell

Post by Widell »

I am doing some minor stuff like modding the SFTypes for the Axis, but due to summer and vacation progress is slow right now. There's a file in the sandbox of the AT site. I also believe that Delyn is working on improving the scenario, and we have talked about merging our work in the future.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Great to hear!
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Great effort guys,but am i playing wrong?i find it impossable to defeat france they are so over powered and teched up,or am i just a bad player,they attack on second turn,should i move ALL forces to france as soon as poland is done?

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”