ANZAC Day

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

goodwoodrw

ANZAC Day

Post by goodwoodrw »

Another ANZAC day and few less Diggers, but interest is not waining. - lest we forget.
Incidently, an interesting statistic, the Dawn Service at ANZAC Cove this morning, the number of visitors equalled the number ANZAC's that landed on the beach 93 years ago.
Formerly Goodwood

JudgeDredd

RE: ANZAC Day

Post by JudgeDredd »

God Bless
Alba gu' brath
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

ORIGINAL: BASB

Another ANZAC day and few less Diggers, but interest is not waining. - lest we forget.

I'll second that, *raises a glass to all the Grim Old Digs*
Incidently, an interesting statistic, the Dawn Service at ANZAC Cove this morning, the number of visitors equalled the number ANZAC's that landed on the beach 93 years ago.
Yeah, I saw some of the service on telly,huge crowd, glad I went 9 years ago where it was a little more intimate.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Grell

Post by Grell »

ORIGINAL: BASB

That is interesting BASB.

Regards,

Greg
andym

Post by andym »

"At the going down of the Sun,We Will Remember them"

RIP diggers.
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Last night on SBS television, here in Australia, they showed a documentary called "Galipolli" made by a very gifted Turkish director, with Jeremy Irons and Sam Niel narrating. It included marvelous old footage and re-enactments. It was primarily based on the letters of individuals that took part from both sides. It was very moving. I recommend it.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Zeta16

Post by Zeta16 »

Let us not forget those from all over that have served. My hat is off to those from Australia and New Zealand.
"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan

Return to “General Discussion”