planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

sven6345789

planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale

Post by sven6345789 »

Question to the developers of AE does it make sense to start the PBEM now? If AE comes out in two months, no, if it comes out in 8 months, it may. I will probably turn over to AE once it comes out, and because of my limited time, can only manage one PBEM (that would be AE).
This is not, i repeat NOT an "is it out yet?...and now?" thread. Just don't want to start an PBEM and then end after a month or so
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
herwin

RE: planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale

Post by herwin »

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

Question to the developers of AE does it make sense to start the PBEM now? If AE comes out in two months, no, if it comes out in 8 months, it may. I will probably turn over to AE once it comes out, and because of my limited time, can only manage one PBEM (that would be AE).
This is not, i repeat NOT an "is it out yet?...and now?" thread. Just don't want to start an PBEM and then end after a month or so

As a player, rather than a developer, I'll probably play against the AI initially to get a feel for how the AE works.
Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: herwin
As a player, rather than a developer, I'll probably play against the AI initially to get a feel for how the AE works.

A VERY sensible suggestion. Enough is different in AE to make a "vs the AI" session almost a neccesity just to discover the differences and how they will change your strategies/tactics.
Chad Harrison

Post by Chad Harrison »

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

ORIGINAL: herwin

A VERY sensible suggestion. Enough is different in AE to make a "vs the AI" session almost a neccesity just to discover the differences and how they will change your strategies/tactics.

Especially considering that there will be early patches that will tweak this or that after all of us initially play the game. When you consider how important the first couple of months of game time are, I fully intent on starting the game out either against the AI or PBEM on the new, smaller scenarios.

Once some major bugs have been squashed, I will make the plunge and start the main event.
sven6345789

Post by sven6345789 »

guess i will start one then.
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Fishbed

Post by Fishbed »

Actually, I started my first PBEM with a friend using a "regional" scenario (Aka the SOPAC campaign). I will keep the great campaign for AE, so I don't have to give up and start a new one then [:)]
IMHO a regional scenario is already a good start for getting in touch with PBEM.
Saso

Post by Saso »

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

Actually, I started my first PBEM with a friend using a "regional" scenario (Aka the SOPAC campaign). I will keep the great campaign for AE, so I don't have to give up and start a new one then [:)]
IMHO a regional scenario is already a good start for getting in touch with PBEM.

Yes, me too.
I don't still have played a big scenario but I've started two PBEM using a small scenario.
In the meantime I'll start the CHS 160 scenario (vs. AI) to understand the Japanese industry.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”