withdrawn from Port Moresby

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

George Patton

withdrawn from Port Moresby

Post by George Patton »

My troops (as japanese player) have been forced to withdrawn from Port Moresby. The shortest way to reach another base was to withdrawn to Buna.
But combat report told me that my troops was withdrawing to Wau, at north.
When the combat turn ended, I could see my troops that are south of PM, withdrawing to Milne Bay. [&:][&:] Now I'm really confused. I was pretty sure that PM was about to fall, but I was also sure that my troops moved to Buna....
George Patton

RE: withdrawn from Port Moresby

Post by George Patton »

by the way, this is the situation...

Attachments
PortMoresby.jpg
PortMoresby.jpg (26 KiB) Viewed 2 times
Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

Grigsby's WITP Law #23: "The retreat direction of any given unit shall be in the direction that you would least like to have the unit retreat".[:D]
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
George Patton

Post by George Patton »

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

Grigsby's WITP Law #23: "The retreat direction of any given unit shall be in the direction that you would least like to have the unit retreat".[:D]

In that case the game is following the rules...
engineer

Post by engineer »

One thing I found out the hard way is that the combat results that direct retreat to a particular base do not impose march orders on the units.  I suspect if you check the units that were kicked out of PM, they have no movement orders. 

rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

The game movement routines are very glitchy... i recently ordered an LCU to move directly to a base 1 hex west.

i checked the unit a couple of turns later and it was indeed ordered to move to the base, yet it was moving due EAST. [X(]

Given this sense of direction, it isn't too surprising that units sometimes retreat in the wrong direction... [8|]

Return to “The War Room”