Fill an LCD monitor?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Fred98

Fill an LCD monitor?

Post by Fred98 »

I have a rectangular LCD monitor. All current wargames ( except for C.O.T.A.) fill the screen top to bottom but otherwise sit in a square in the middle of the screen.

Will World in Flames fill a LCD screen?

-
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Fill an LCD monitor?

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

I have a rectangular LCD monitor. All current wargames ( except for C.O.T.A.) fill the screen top to bottom but otherwise sit in a square in the middle of the screen.

Will World in Flames fill a LCD screen?

-
I'm not sure. MWIF looks at the settings for the monitor(s) - there may be two - and uses 96 pixels per inch (horizontal and vertical) to draw images on the screen. If the calls to the standard Window routines give the correct pixel counts (width and height), it should fill your screen.

Actually, the program starts assuming a resolution of 1024 by 768. And no necessary forms are larger than that. But the detailed map can be resized to fill the available screen space and the forms can be repositioned where you like. So you can place the detailed map in your primary viewing location and have other forms off to the side (e.g., global map, list of map views, setup tray, etc.). The layout is your to design for the most part. And you can save screen layouts so you do not have to recreate them every time you play.

But I do not know if your LCD has some weirdnesses that Windows XP doesn't understand.[&:]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
lomyrin

Post by lomyrin »

My 22 inch rectangular screen, 1680 x 1050  works just fine and I can shrink or strectch the visible map area with no distortions, just added hexes shown when stretched out to fill the screen.

Lars

Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: lomyrin

My 22 inch rectangular screen, 1680 x 1050  works just fine and I can shrink or strectch the visible map area with no distortions, just added hexes shown when stretched out to fill the screen.

The game has not been released yet. Are you a tester?

-
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Yes, Lars is. He keeps pointing out all my mistakes.[:)]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “World in Flames”