Misleading 'cannot create free state' message for corps-less minors

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Grognot

Misleading 'cannot create free state' message for corps-less minors

Post by Grognot »

If you attempt to form a free state from a conquered minor with no corps, you get a message that you can't create a free state out of it "this turn", which implies that there's a transient condition preventing it and that perhaps in a later turn one might be able to. "This minor is ineligible because it can never have corps" would be more informative.
--
Not a grognard.
Not an optimizer. It's a game to me, not a job.
Mynok

RE: Misleading 'cannot create free state' message for corps-less minors

Post by Mynok »

An addendum to this:

Playing as Turkey, I had influenced Circassia to become an Ally. Russia declared war on me, and it was automatically called and converted to a free state, even though it has no corps.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Monadman

RE: Misleading 'cannot create free state' message for corps-less minors

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: Mynok

An addendum to this:

Playing as Turkey, I had influenced Circassia to become an Ally. Russia declared war on me, and it was automatically called and converted to a free state, even though it has no corps.

This is a programming deviation that gives neutral minors that have no corps a garrison and FS status until conquered. Once conquered, they cannot later be declared a FS though can be brought back to neutral and have war declared on them and they will gain FS status again.

Richard

Return to “Tech Support”