Magnification

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

MarcA

Magnification

Post by MarcA »

I am just to use to windows programmes with the mouse wheel used for scrolling. Every time I open a dialogue and want to scroll down I end up changing the magnification. Very annoying, especially in the huge scenarios I prefer, which take 10 seconds or so to refersh the screen.

I have a few suggestions

i) Learn to teach and old dog new tricks
ii) Make the mouse wheel magnification optional
iii) Make the mouse wheel intelligent; so when you are on the map it alters magnification and when you have a dialogue open it scrolls instead.

Number (i) will probably earn you the most money but I still vote for number (iii)
ralphtricky

RE: Magnification

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: mantill

I am just to use to windows programmes with the mouse wheel used for scrolling. Every time I open a dialogue and want to scroll down I end up changing the magnification. Very annoying, especially in the huge scenarios I prefer, which take 10 seconds or so to refersh the screen.

I have a few suggestions

iii) Make the mouse wheel intelligent; so when you are on the map it alters magnification and when you have a dialogue open it scrolls instead.

Number (i) will probably earn you the most money but I still vote for number (iii)
You forgot iv. Disable the mousewheel while any dialog box is open. That' should be in the upcoming patch.

BTW, There's an entry in the INI file to disable the extreme zoom, it was meant for older machines, but it helps prevent overshoot.

Ralph
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
MarcA

Post by MarcA »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

ORIGINAL: mantill

I have a few suggestions

You forgot iv. Disable the mousewheel while any dialog box is open. That' should be in the upcoming patch.

BTW, There's an entry in the INI file to disable the extreme zoom, it was meant for older machines, but it helps prevent overshoot.

Ralph

Ralph

I noticed last night the mouse wheel did scroll the reinforcement dialogue. Is it meant to do that?
Iron Dragon

Post by Iron Dragon »

I have occassionally magnified the map as well. I have found that you need to have your cursor inside the frame of the dialog window in order to scroll the info. If the cursor is on the frame or outside the window, it will zoom the map.
What mortal man has heard the voice of the living God, speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived.
marcusm

Post by marcusm »

I would also like the option to use mousewheel while reading briefings. Even better would be a larger box
with easier to read text but I am happy with the first :).

Deus Vult.
a white rabbit

Post by a white rabbit »

..for map-work it's great, and during a game it helps focus on those tricky little situations that develop..

..now all i need is a bigger screen..
..toodA, irmAb moAs'lyB 'exper'mentin'..,..beàn'tus all..?,

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”