PBEM Error

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

joviel

PBEM Error

Post by joviel »

In our PBEM game (Die Hard) I am stuck and unable to continue. I keep being returned to my (Prussian) setup. The manual states;

6. If it is your Setup Phase turn, setup your forces or load a saved setup file and skip to step 8, otherwise continue on to step 7.
7. If it is not your turn, click the “Load Email Turn File” button found on the top menu bar and load any major power turn files that precede your turn. When it is finally your Setup Phase turn, setup your forces or load a saved setup file
8. Click “End Current Phase” button. The program will automatically save the game once the end current phase button is clicked.
9. Send your turn file (found in the commout folder) to all players.
10. IMPORTANT: From now on, when the time comes for you to play or load a turn, use the “Load Game” button from game file (TheGameName.sav).

I did step 9 when I did my Prussian setup. I have been sent the remaining player's setup files and some Diplomacy files and put them all in the "commin" directory (unzipping where necessary). I today followed step 10 and from the front menu clicked the "load game" button. I have a file in the defaut directory ("save") with our game's name. I open this and am prompted for my password. Entering this, I am brought to my own "setup" phase, with no units set up. Clicking the "Load PBEM Turn File" brings up a file window pointed to my commin directory by with no files listed. If I try to force it to load a file it says "Cannot load this file yet". I have tried going to my commout directory and loading my Prussian setup but it says "cannot load this file".

I know how difficult it is diagnosing these things without being "butt-in-chair" so I have but a doc with screenshots online. Please see;

www.joviel.com/misc/Die_Hard_Error.doc

Thanks,

Scott
God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.

H.L. Mencken
WJPalmer1

RE: PBEM Error

Post by WJPalmer1 »

Just a guess, but from your description it sounds like your "commin" folder may be missing the very next player file that needs to be loaded to the game. When the "Load PBEM Turn File" is clicked, it will only display one file (the next successive one) as eligible for loading. Is it possible that you're missing the Spanish Setup file in your folder?
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: joviel

I did step 9 when I did my Prussian setup. I have been sent the remaining player's setup files and some Diplomacy files and put them all in the "commin" directory (unzipping where necessary). I today followed step 10 and from the front menu clicked the "load game" button. I have a file in the defaut directory ("save") with our game's name. I open this and am prompted for my password. Entering this, I am brought to my own "setup" phase, with no units set up.

Scott,

Sounds like you have overwritten the saved game file after going back a reloading the gamestart file, and then loading several setup turn files up to your setup.

Richard
AdmNelson

Post by AdmNelson »

ORIGINAL: Monadman

I did step 9 when I did my Prussian setup. I have been sent the remaining player's setup files and some Diplomacy files and put them all in the "commin" directory (unzipping where necessary). I today followed step 10 and from the front menu clicked the "load game" button. I have a file in the defaut directory ("save") with our game's name. I open this and am prompted for my password. Entering this, I am brought to my own "setup" phase, with no units set up.

Scott,

Sounds like you have overwritten the saved game file after going back a reloading the gamestart file, and then loading several setup turn files up to your setup.

Richard

At his set-up how does he reload his own( after sending out the set-up earlier)? If the game has moved along.
Very Proud Marine Dad
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: AdmNelson

ORIGINAL: Monadman

Scott,

Richard

At his set-up how does he reload his own( after sending out the set-up earlier)? If the game has moved along.

The program will not allow players to reload their own turn files. To continue with this game, the host will now need to send backup files to all players in the group. Use this link for info and help on creating backup files.

tm.asp?m=1645123

Richard

joviel

Post by joviel »

Thanks all, I'll try to get the backup files and reply back.

Scott

H.L. Mencken
joviel

Post by joviel »

Game host provided a backup file to all participants and we are good to go.

Thanks to all,

Scott

H.L. Mencken

Return to “Tech Support”