Best fighter in WW2??? Part 2

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

AW1Steve

RE: Best fighter in WW2??? Part 2

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

I didn't realize we were "cast-offs" either.

Long ago in the far far away we were told to take the squabbles to the Steakhouse where you could say what you wanted.  There was a link to it here for quite some time.  It seems somebody complained about even having a link to the moron place on Matrix' boards and it was removed?  And the squabbling continues.  What's goin' on with that?

I don't think Matrix will ever get rid of the complaining no matter how hard they try.
[:)] You are right. Matrix can't stop it. But we can. Let's give it a try. Are you on board? [:)]
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

So, do you have to get shots to join this Mad Cow's Steakhouse? What about initiation fee's and oaths?

Oh, as for the best tank ever bult; clearly, it is the M1 Abrams.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

So, do you have to get shots to join this Mad Cow's Steakhouse? What about initiation fee's and oaths?

[:)]I don't think you'll have too much trouble , Doggie is pretty accomodating. And it is a very lively crowd , so I don't imagine you'll get bored. Enjoy.[:D]
Splinterhead

Post by Splinterhead »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

So let's see if I understand this....we can't solve our problems here soooo......let's go over to your boxing ring because you promise a fair fight? Because you control it? And by insinuation because you think that the moderators here do a poor job?

Because the moderators here have repeatedly asked us not to fight.
Sorry , I am not interested. As I said , I don't like fights if I can avoid it. You want to expand this , not contain it.

obviously
And then claim "it's all their fault". Sorry Doggie , I don't buy it. It takes at least two factions to fight.

From his viewpoint he's correct. Doggie is from the old school philosophy of "Never throw the first punch but always throw the last." He's never said he doesn't like to fight.
... All I see is you inviting people over to your play ground where you are the "adult" supervision and you have disarmed one faction, but not the other

You're wrong there. Doggie's opponents at Madcows are sometimes outnumbered and often shouted down, but never disarmed. In fact the only people he's ever banned, I believe, are two people who agree with him 90-95% of the time.
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

[:)]I don't think you'll have too much trouble , Doggie is pretty accomodating. And it is a very lively crowd , so I don't imagine you'll get bored. Enjoy.[:D]

I just joined the MCS; it was free and painless-so far.

Thomas Jefferson

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

[:)]I'm glad to hear that. [:)]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Splinterhead

So let's see if I understand this....we can't solve our problems here soooo......let's go over to your boxing ring because you promise a fair fight? Because you control it? And by insinuation because you think that the moderators here do a poor job?

Because the moderators here have repeatedly asked us not to fight.
Sorry , I am not interested. As I said , I don't like fights if I can avoid it. You want to expand this , not contain it.

obviously
And then claim "it's all their fault". Sorry Doggie , I don't buy it. It takes at least two factions to fight.

From his viewpoint he's correct. Doggie is from the old school philosophy of "Never throw the first punch but always throw the last." He's never said he doesn't like to fight.
... All I see is you inviting people over to your play ground where you are the "adult" supervision and you have disarmed one faction, but not the other

You're wrong there. Doggie's opponents at Madcows are sometimes outnumbered and often shouted down, but never disarmed. In fact the only people he's ever banned, I believe, are two people who agree with him 90-95% of the time.
[:)]Ok , that's good. But please excuse me to have my reservations. I still don't belive that the answer is to move fights. I think the answer in not to have them at all. [:)]
Doggie

Post by Doggie »

Pardon if I add a little to what Splinterhead has already covered. I don't "control" much of anything. Everyone is pretty much free to say what they please, as long as they do it in the proper place. Threads about wargames is not the proper place. That's what the MCS is for.
All I see is you inviting people over to your play ground where you are the "adult" supervision and you have disarmed one faction, but not the other.

What "faction" has been disarmed?

Does this guy sound like he's been "disarmed?" He knows he can say whatever he wants without worrying about me "disarming" him.

Doggie

Post by Doggie »

And should you decide to comment on some computer game in this particular part of the forum you need not worry about someone jumping in and calling you a "racist" or a "moron" because that sort of conduct is strictly prohibited. It's made perfectly clear to everyone in the forum description on the title page.
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: Doggie

And should you decide to comment on some computer game in this particular part of the forum you need not worry about someone jumping in and calling you a "racist" or a "moron" because that sort of conduct is strictly prohibited. It's made perfectly clear to everyone in the forum description on the title page.

The house rules are clearly posted at the entrance to each room-there will be no complaints from me.

Thomas Jefferson

NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

Really.. I don't understand why Doggie's labelled a bully and such.  His moderated section over there has the least amount of rules I've seen. 

He might be a hardass when expressing his views but if you call him an @sshole, he won't ban you.  He probably knew that already anyway. [:D]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Locking this one up too - everyone, feel free to discuss MCS over at MCS, they are perfectly willing to take all comers and let them say whatever they feel like saying.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “General Discussion”