Best fighter in WW2??? Part 2

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Bender

Best fighter in WW2??? Part 2

Post by Bender »

Going to have to chime in here.

Matrix is a gaming site, one of the best. What gets me are all the avatars here that are Madcow negative. You all should stick to gaming, not politics. The cow is politics, and if your going to get involved, don’t be a pimple face and cry when your disagreed with.

The cats over there are way a head of the curve with foresight on current (or past) events. I will agree that it’s a bit testy at times (very testy at times), but free speech runs a bit rampit over there, and you all keep taking the bait.

Just stick with gaming, aggressive conversation on what was the best tank ever built (I’m sure it wasn’t French) is good for the mind, but leave the real discussions to toughs guys, trust me here, I’ve gotten an education (and bitten a few times) on perspectives I never would have thought of.

Trust me here, its educational, and the fact that your engaging in some conversation is a start, just stay away from the personal jab’s, it can get ugly. But do us all a big favor, get rid of the negative avatars.

Note:my I Apologize to the Matrix staff staff for this post
During open dialogue, an analogy with the question of “is the glass half empty or half full” comes to mind. In reality it is only a glass of water. Do not let the dialogue get off track with unsupported conclusions.
AW1Steve

RE: Best fighter in WW2??? Part 2

Post by AW1Steve »

[:)] Are there any limitations? No jets , year made , number of color options or where it came with whitewall tires? Sorry , all the other threads that tried this tact wound up with limitations imposed later. Thought you might want to start out defining them.  If there are no limitations , I'd like to jump in with what is my personal nomination as to the best fighter in WW2. It will come as a surprise , as it never deployed , never shot down an enemy or dropped a bomb. But it was available before wars end. I nominate the P-80a shooting star made by Locheed.
Bender

Post by Bender »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

[:)] Are there any limitations? No jets , year made , number of color options or where it came with whitewall tires? Sorry , all the other threads that tried this tact wound up with limitations imposed later. Thought you might want to start out defining them. If there are no limitations , I'd like to jump in with what is my personal nomination as to the best fighter in WW2. It will come as a surprise , as it never deployed , never shot down an enemy or dropped a bomb. But it was available before wars end. I nominate the P-80a shooting star made by Locheed.

I say it would be the one with the most kills ratio, quantity will skew the number. Will need links to hard data though, I'm a novice on this topic.
During open dialogue, an analogy with the question of “is the glass half empty or half full” comes to mind. In reality it is only a glass of water. Do not let the dialogue get off track with unsupported conclusions.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

[:)] Then If I might suggest , you might look up at previous threads on this subject--there are a mutitude. Then you narrow down the critical judging details.  As an old instructor of mine used to say , you need to seperate the fly sh-t from the pepper. Then standby. These threads almost always get accrimonious. Try to ride herd on the specifications as much as possible. Unfortunately , asking people their favorite fighter is about the most devisive question you could ask. I would have thought , sports, politics , religion or sex (none of which belong here obviously) but no , what fighter is the best is clearly the most dangeous question you could ask.  Good luck. And may your God have mercy on your soul......[:D]
TOMLABEL

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: Bender

Going to have to chime in here.

Matrix is a gaming site, one of the best. What gets me are all the avatars here that are Madcow negative. You all should stick to gaming, not politics. The cow is politics, and if your going to get involved, don’t be a pimple face and cry when your disagreed with.

The cats over there are way a head of the curve with foresight on current (or past) events. I will agree that it’s a bit testy at times (very testy at times), but free speech runs a bit rampit over there, and you all keep taking the bait.

Just stick with gaming, aggressive conversation on what was the best tank ever built (I’m sure it wasn’t French) is good for the mind, but leave the real discussions to toughs guys, trust me here, I’ve gotten an education (and bitten a few times) on perspectives I never would have thought of.

Trust me here, its educational, and the fact that your engaging in some conversation is a start, just stay away from the personal jab’s, it can get ugly. But do us all a big favor, get rid of the negative avatars.

Note:my I Apologize to the Matrix staff staff for this post

Yet another post concerning the imbecile, childish musings of some self-glorified (self-comforted) group of castoffs stuck forever in the mode of 'want-to-be'. I think your confusing the definition of 'toughguys' with the description of school yard bullies who have no direction in life, but staying 'ahead of the curve' in imposing their misery on others.

Do negative avatars REALLY hurt that bad?

TOMLABEL (aka Satsuma Whupas* Toughguy).

TOMLABEL
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
Bender

Post by Bender »

No they don’t hurt, just think its kinda childish......

And from your post it looks as if you’re the pot calling the kettle black...
TOMLABEL

Post by TOMLABEL »

No, just diving down to the appropriate level to respond to foolishness in a manner that might be understandable. Nice try, by the way...

TOMLABEL

P.S. Oh, and sorry you misunderstood my post. I should have known better.

TOMLABEL
Art by the Rogue-USMC

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

[:)] Gentlemen , might I suggest that you both declare a truce and agree to disagree? If not maybe we should reset the post header to something like "private war Part 2".?  Seriously , lets try to have one of these debates without name calling or accrinomony. Thanks. [:)]
Bender

Post by Bender »

No I should have...

Good luck[>:]
niceguy2005

Post by niceguy2005 »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaha!
Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
TOMLABEL

Post by TOMLABEL »

No I should have...

I must say that my post were not directed at you personally, Bender. Just in general.

TOMLABEL
Art by the Rogue-USMC

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: TOMLABEL

No I should have...

I must say that my post were not directed at you personally, Bender. Just in general.

TOMLABEL
[:)]I'm confused . Who in general? [&:]
TOMLABEL

Post by TOMLABEL »

In general... Have you read many of the post 'over there' insulting several members of the WITP community? Endless whining post of how they are treated over here, but yet I see the same being done there. It just rubs me the wrong way to hear how 'ahead of the curve' this community is...and tough guys - please.

I'm done with this one now...better things to do. Have fun!

TOMLABEL
Art by the Rogue-USMC

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

TOMLABEL

In general... Have you read many of the post 'over there' insulting several members of the WITP community? Endless whining post of how they are treated over here, but yet I see the same being done there. It just rubs me the wrong way to hear how 'ahead of the curve' this community is...and tough guys - please.

I'm done with this one now...better things to do. Have fun!

TOMLABEL
[&:]Sorry , I'm still confused. You say in "general" , but then quote Bender. I'm not taking sides. I am suggesting , that if you or anyone has a problem with any specific individual , why not PM them and talk about it? Let's try to solve these spats , not intensify them. I may not agree what has been said , but I'll try to resove it privately before throwing down the guantlet. What I'd really like to hear from you is some ground rules that the members of this community can mutually agree on and implement. If you'd rather not say it in open forum , please pm me. Let's work this out. [:)]
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

I didn't see this coming. [:D]
Doggie

Post by Doggie »

Neferious, you uneducated moron.  How dare you interupt yet another polite conversation about what an imbecile you are.  Shame on you.[:-]

You should learn to make "constructive contributions" to conversation, like the "intellectuals".

I'd really like to hear from you is some ground rules that the members of this community can mutually agree on and implement

Here's an idea - how about you take your complaints about us morons to the MCS instead of continiously interjecting them in threads about Best fighters of world war II?  There's a novel idea, actually addressing your remarks to the people they're meant for instead of slinging mud from behind some moderator's skirt.

Nobody's stopping you.  You are all perfectly free to register at MCS and tell us what you think of us.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Doggie

Neferious, you uneducated moron.  How dare you interupt yet another polite conversation about what an imbecile you are.  Shame on you.[:-]

You should learn to make "constructive contributions" to conversation, like the "intellectuals".
I'd really like to hear from you is some ground rules that the members of this community can mutually agree on and implement

Here's an idea - how about you take your complaints about us morons to the MCS instead of continiously interjecting them in threads about Best fighters of world war II?  There's a novel idea, actually addressing your remarks to the people they're meant for instead of slinging mud from behind some moderator's skirt.

Nobody's stopping you.  You are all perfectly free to register at MCS and tell us what you think of us.
[:)]Doggie , once again I thank you for the invitation , but no thank you. You seem to think that I want a fight. I don't. Does it offend you so much because I want to make peace on this forum? Even when I say nothing about MCS , you seem to think "it's all about you". It's not. When I ask for sugestions on how to smooth the water and restore peace here , you seem take it as a personal affront. It's not. You have a way of running MCS. It's open, free-wheeling , and raw. That's fair. That's the way you like it. But why would you think that your way is the only way? (If you don't , I apologize ) . But as I have never attacked you directly , and have only indirectly mentioned MCS as an example of what I perfer the Matrix forums not to be (Which I apologized for as well). Yet you keep dragging me in as some form of antagonist. You and everyone else who reads these threads knows that's not true. I may not run from a fight , but I sure as hell don't intentionally start them. So what exactly do you want from me? I've offered to discuss this with you by PM. I've offered to discuss this with you via my e-mail. What exactly do you want from me? Or are you simply the kind of guy who enjoys throwing a turd in the punch bowl? If you are not ,and I don't think you are , how about working with us? Or at least me? I for one am getting really sick of people spitting on me everytime I hold out the olive branch. [&:]
Doggie

Post by Doggie »

I am working with you, Steve-o.  I'm inviting all your pals who have a personal problem with me or the members of our forum to bring it there instead of continuously baiting us here.  I'm even offering my personal guarantee that nobody will interfere with them, as long as they abide by the modest guidlines we have posted at the top of every sub-forum.

For example, we do not tolerate flame wars of any sort in our gaming sub forum.  None.  I will personally lock them down if somebody steps into a thread about a computer games and starts calling people "racists" and "morons".

Like I keep telling you, your problem is with all schoolyard geeks who can't manage to carry on a conversation about airplanes without throwing some cheap shots our way.  I want you to place the blame where it lies, and stop blaming me because your pals don't know how to behave themselves.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

I didn't realize we were "cast-offs" either.

Long ago in the far far away we were told to take the squabbles to the Steakhouse where you could say what you wanted.  There was a link to it here for quite some time.  It seems somebody complained about even having a link to the moron place on Matrix' boards and it was removed?  And the squabbling continues.  What's goin' on with that?

I don't think Matrix will ever get rid of the complaining no matter how hard they try.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Doggie

I am working with you, Steve-o.  I'm inviting all your pals who have a personal problem with me or the members of our forum to bring it there instead of continuously baiting us here.  I'm even offering my personal guarantee that nobody will interfere with them, as long as they abide by the modest guidlines we have posted at the top of every sub-forum.

For example, we do not tolerate flame wars of any sort in our gaming sub forum.  None.  I will personally lock them down if somebody steps into a thread about a computer games and starts calling people "racists" and "morons".

Like I keep telling you, your problem is with all schoolyard geeks who can't manage to carry on a conversation about airplanes without throwing some cheap shots our way.  I want you to place the blame where it lies, and stop blaming me because your pals don't know how to behave themselves.
So let's see if I understand this....we can't solve our problems here soooo......let's go over to your boxing ring because you promise a fair fight? Because you control it? And by insinuation because you think that the moderators here do a poor job? Sorry , I am not interested. As I said , I don't like fights if I can avoid it. You want to expand this , not contain it. And then claim "it's all their fault". Sorry Doggie , I don't buy it. It takes at least two factions to fight. And banning the terms "racists" and "morons" maybe laudable , but doesn't make sense when using phrases like "your problem is with all schoolyard geeks". All I see is you inviting people over to your play ground where you are the "adult" supervision and you have disarmed one faction, but not the other. I'll take my chances with the Matrix moderators. I consider them fair and generally impartial. I can't ask for more . [:(]

Return to “General Discussion”