EIA vs EIH???

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

barbarossa2

EIA vs EIH???

Post by barbarossa2 »

I have to admit, I wasn't really sure about purchasing this game until now. I have played the EIA board game and loved it, but the more I played it seemed to be a lot of meaningless alliance shifting to accomplish nothing but backstabbing. There was nothing special OR revolutionary about France. So I moved on to other systems because EIA did not give me any feel for the political problems of the time and just felt like "Diplomacy" with an advanced combat system.

Well. I have since read about this EIA incorporating many elements of EIH (Empires in Harm--a free variant available on the Internet). I looked through EIH, and *I LOVE IT*.

Revolutionary France feels like revolutionary France. There is a point to Poland! (not just a corps generator). AND LOTS MORE. There is a Holy Roman Empire which has a point to it! (I was always dismayed as to its non-existance in the original EIA.

QUESTION: How much of EIH is being incorporated into this upcoming Empire in Arms release?!?!? I hope a lot. If it is a lot, I am in. Is POLAND available to play?!?!?!?? That would be AWESOME!

By the way, anyone know of any AARs with EIH? I would love to read them.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
Ursa MAior

RE: EIA vs EIH???

Post by Ursa MAior »

Yeah what about Sweden (sooner or later) the rules were published in the General IIRC.
Art by the amazing Dixie
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

Sweden in the game would be amazing. A whole new world of options. There really needs to be a variant on this for the 1600s and 1700s, and I hope that Matrix gets around to doing it when this release is sealed and delivered. I can't expect anyone to offer all of this at once. I think it is up to us to support the continued development of the system by purchasing Vol I -- huh?
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
Adraeth

Post by Adraeth »

I agree, the pc game (if based on EIH) would be AWESOME!!!
www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.
argaur

Post by argaur »

I agree, EiH is far much better than EiA. Once you have played EiH, you forget EiA forever...
"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813
YohanTM2

Post by YohanTM2 »

You play Sweden and be the whipping boy for England, Russia and even Prussia.

Worst addtiion to EiA ever!

On the other hand, EiH does have some good options and I know some are incorporated into CEiA.

Hopefully we will see them soon...

ORIGINAL: barbarossa2

Sweden in the game would be amazing. A whole new world of options. There really needs to be a variant on this for the 1600s and 1700s, and I hope that Matrix gets around to doing it when this release is sealed and delivered. I can't expect anyone to offer all of this at once. I think it is up to us to support the continued development of the system by purchasing Vol I -- huh?
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

completly OT be warned:
ORIGINAL: Beren

"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813

And what did he say after Dennewitz, 1813?
Hmm, was it some thing about a simple grenadier, but yes ur right. 6 russian regiments did participate in the last hour...[:'(]

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”