Wish List : "drawing overlay"

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

DDSCWarrior_slith

Wish List : "drawing overlay"

Post by DDSCWarrior_slith »

Hi,

Not sure this is the right forum to post this, anyway I'm a long time TOAW player I II, COAW and now III.
Each version got better, probably this is also why our wish list is growing......

One this I would really like is something as a "paint" transparant overlay on the map, ideally linked to the map and its zooming level, on which I could as "general" draw my plan. e.g Brigade/Division Boundries, lines of advance etc...all the military stuff we all know.

Should not be fancy: just able to draw what I want to do/ to be done, wipe if needed etc... could even be help in playing with multiple people : - one General drawing the intentions, line of advance etc.... the others "executing"

Any good idea?
TPM

RE: Wish List : "drawing overlay"

Post by TPM »

ORIGINAL: DDSCWarrior

Hi,

Not sure this is the right forum to post this, anyway I'm a long time TOAW player I II, COAW and now III.
Each version got better, probably this is also why our wish list is growing......

One this I would really like is something as a "paint" transparant overlay on the map, ideally linked to the map and its zooming level, on which I could as "general" draw my plan. e.g Brigade/Division Boundries, lines of advance etc...all the military stuff we all know.

Should not be fancy: just able to draw what I want to do/ to be done, wipe if needed etc... could even be help in playing with multiple people : - one General drawing the intentions, line of advance etc.... the others "executing"

Any good idea?

This is a fantastic idea. I wish every wargame had this ability...you need to be able to make broad strokes, lay out in general what you want to accomplish, put arrival and objective dates on there, etc. So many times in these games you're just kind of floating along, attacking here and there, etc. Yes, I guess you could screen capture a map and then go into photoshop, etc., but I'd like something in the game...an overlay exactly as you described it. Great idea.
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

Maybe in another 10 years when *everyone* has touchscreen LCD displays, TOAW V will support it. I need to get mentally prepared to handle the support posts complaining about people's chili stains on the screens interfering with the timing and planning of the movement of their Panzer divisions...[:D]

I'm going to move this to the general forum, since it's not a support issue...yet...[;)]
m5000.2006

Post by m5000.2006 »

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

Maybe in another 10 years when *everyone* has touchscreen LCD displays, TOAW V will support it. I need to get mentally prepared to handle the support posts complaining about people's chili stains on the screens interfering with the timing and planning of the movement of their Panzer divisions...[:D]

I'm going to move this to the general forum, since it's not a support issue...yet...[;)]

mmmm, so maybe hexside rivers instead...? [8|]
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where –" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
LC
JAMiAM

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: m5000.2006
mmmm, so maybe hexside rivers instead...? [8|]
Gee...you guys are a tough crowd...[;)]
saintsup

Post by saintsup »

ORIGINAL: DDSCWarrior

Hi,

Any good idea?

I would love that !!

I'm a little tired to keep a tab in paper of each objective for each formation ... which must be done in big scenarios

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”