Map Editor - Overlay Feature

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

kc_chiefs

Map Editor - Overlay Feature

Post by kc_chiefs »

I dont know if he will have time for it but I suggested to John Tiller to include a feature in the Map Editor which really makes map making go faster.

Its an overlay feature that I use in another of his products.

You get a BMP of the topo you want to use, scale it and then using the Overlay feature the BMP shows up in the Map Editor. You have to scale the BMP a bit but in the end you can put your terrain right over the map and it goes alot faster!

I have a ton of digital map software and would love to put a few maps together for this series. Without the Overlay feature its not going to be easy ...
Bill Peters
Jason Petho

RE: Map Editor - Overlay Feature

Post by Jason Petho »

Hi Bill

You could create a hexgrid in your software and overlay it to the proper 250metre hex size. Not as efficient as doing it in the cs map editor itself, but very simple to do. This is how I make most of my maps, or if they are paper copies, overlaying a hexgrid printed on mylar works just peachy.

Hope you're well
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
kc_chiefs

Post by kc_chiefs »

Yes, I thought of that but the toner expense would make that prohibitive for me. The overlay feature is a real winner.
Bill Peters
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”