Hull is too narrow for speed design issue

Tech Support forum for Rule the Waves 3
antollare

Hull is too narrow for speed design issue

Post by antollare »

I am currently playing as japan on the new patch update 1.00.008. I have carried this game over from the previous launch release. When I try to build a BC or BB I get the following message:

Hull is too narrow for speed > 18 kt and triple/quad turrets in A or Y positions and TPS more than 1.

Design is not legal! Please correct errors listed above.

I think it is related to the triple guns that I have in the A and Y position. But it is not clear how to make the hull wider.
If this is working as designed I would love to know how to fix it as I didn't seem to have this issue in the previous version.
WilliamMiller

Re: Hull is too narrow for speed design issue

Post by WilliamMiller »

What year is your game at? This mechanism is used to represent the fact that ships of earlier periods with a certain speed or greater had to have a more narrow hull form to achieve that speed; because of this it was generally impossible to fit the wider triple or quad turrets on such a hull in the fore/aft-most positions (i.e. mounts 'A' and 'Y'). You would need to either reduce the speed of the ship or change the mounts to dual guns.
William Miller
NWS Administrator
Naval Warfare Simulations
https://www.navalwarfare.net/
Searry

Re: Hull is too narrow for speed design issue

Post by Searry »

Yeah the error description for this could be improved as it's not the clearest though I did understand what the error is. Didn't come to my mind to mention this during testing.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester

Return to “Rule the Waves 3: Tech Support”