Latest download.

Tech Support forum for Rule the Waves 3
stormbringer3

Latest download.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I just downloaded v.1.00.08 but I can't open it. It's not like the usual Matrix downloads which I never have any problem opening, a double click is all I have to do. When I double click on this, I get a how do you want to open this file message and none of the options presented work. Please help.
Thanks.
Nikel

Re: Latest download.

Post by Nikel »

Probably a corrupted file.

Redownload the update.
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

stormbringer3 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:24 pm I just downloaded v.1.00.08 but I can't open it. It's not like the usual Matrix downloads which I never have any problem opening, a double click is all I have to do. When I double click on this, I get a how do you want to open this file message and none of the options presented work. Please help.
Thanks.
Hey, we're unable to reproduce the issue on our end. There's a possibility that a file got corrupted during the download. Try downloading the update. Please make sure that you don't have 3rd party software, such as antiviruses or other programs interfering with the download process.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thank you for the advice. However, I've downloaded it at least 3 times with the same result. I just downloaded it again with my antivirus turned off and still got the same result. When I download the update, I get a warning that along the lines that it's not commonly used, and do I trust Rule the Waves before I open it. All my Matrix downloads in the past are compressed zip. This says CRDOWNLOAD. Why is this one different.
Thanks.
Nikel

Post by Nikel »

CRDOWNLOAD means that the download was incomplete.

Have you tried in the download link with right click, save link as?
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I tried what you recommended and picked compressed (zipped) folder and still no luck. The other choice is all files. I'm not computer savvy, how would I handle that?
Thanks.
Nikel

Post by Nikel »

It is a zipped file, not a folder.

Try downloading from the forum. Here it is from the ftp site:
Attachments
RuleTheWaves3-UpdateComp-v1.00.08.zip
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I finally got it installed. I had to tell Microsoft that it was safe then I could open it.
Thank you for all the help.
Nikel

Post by Nikel »

Great, enjoy the game :)

Return to “Rule the Waves 3: Tech Support”