no domestic air industry?

Tech Support forum for Rule the Waves 3
lunario

no domestic air industry?

Post by lunario »

Playing as Chinese to the air era, has the tech for planes but can't order plane development with the pop window says" your country don't have a domestic aircraft industry".
Is this intended and is there a way for me to have the industry?
I can only buy and build models others develop..not very fun in the WWII era.
WilliamMiller

Re: no domestic air industry?

Post by WilliamMiller »

Yes, this is WAD. China did not produce and field a fully-domestically-designed military combat aircraft until ~ 1979, which is outside the time-frame of the game as far as tech goes. They did of course produce copies of foreign designs with local modifications.
William Miller
NWS Administrator
Naval Warfare Simulations
https://www.navalwarfare.net/
lunario

Post by lunario »

WilliamMiller wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:26 pm Yes, this is WAD. China did not produce and field a fully-domestically-designed military combat aircraft until ~ 1979, which is outside the time-frame of the game as far as tech goes. They did of course produce copies of foreign designs with local modifications.
OK it's true and historical.
However should we introduce some way for country to gain the industry? Like events triggers when naval budget is above 200m and tech level is high, spend 10K or 20K to support building the industry and after 12-36 month it's built.
We're playing a alter-history game after all right?
WilliamMiller

Post by WilliamMiller »

lunario wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:27 pm
WilliamMiller wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:26 pm Yes, this is WAD. China did not produce and field a fully-domestically-designed military combat aircraft until ~ 1979, which is outside the time-frame of the game as far as tech goes. They did of course produce copies of foreign designs with local modifications.
However should we introduce some way for country to gain the industry? Like events triggers when naval budget is above 200m and tech level is high, spend 10K or 20K to support building the industry and after 12-36 month it's built.
We will likely re-visit this topic after things get more calm and less busy...I do have an idea that I think might be feasible and fair. Thanks @lunario.
William Miller
NWS Administrator
Naval Warfare Simulations
https://www.navalwarfare.net/
lunario

Post by lunario »

WilliamMiller wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:43 am
lunario wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:27 pm
We will likely re-visit this topic after things get more calm and less busy...I do have an idea that I think might be feasible and fair. Thanks @lunario.
NP, thanks for considering it.

Return to “Rule the Waves 3: Tech Support”