Program hangs up during air combat

Tech Support forum for Rule the Waves 3
Shkval25

Program hangs up during air combat

Post by Shkval25 »

I've been having a problem from time-to-time in which something related to air combat triggers a message-less error, at which point the game becomes nonresponsive. The game doesn't actually crash until I click somewhere and get a "This program is not responding" message.

This only occurs when aircraft are attacking ships. If I reload a save from during the battle then the problem reoccurs but not necessarily at the exact same time. Reloading the autosave and selecting the battle redo option fixes the problem until the next occurrence hours of gameplay later.
Attachments
save2.zip
(3.41 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
MaximKI

Re: Program hangs up during air combat

Post by MaximKI »

Hey thanks for the report and the save! We will investigate this issue.
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

Shkval25 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:14 pm I've been having a problem from time-to-time in which something related to air combat triggers a message-less error, at which point the game becomes nonresponsive. The game doesn't actually crash until I click somewhere and get a "This program is not responding" message.

This only occurs when aircraft are attacking ships. If I reload a save from during the battle then the problem reoccurs but not necessarily at the exact same time. Reloading the autosave and selecting the battle redo option fixes the problem until the next occurrence hours of gameplay later.
We're having trouble tracking down this issue as it seems not all the ship design files have made it into the save file. Could you please reupload your save and make sure that all the ship design files relevant to the game are in the save directory?
Shkval25

Post by Shkval25 »

It took a few tries to get it to fit within the upload limit but here it is.
Attachments
Game2.zip
(7.83 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

Many thanks!
WilliamMiller

Post by WilliamMiller »

Thanks - am having our NWS Beta Team test this out to see what the issue is.
William Miller
NWS Administrator
Naval Warfare Simulations
https://www.navalwarfare.net/
WilliamMiller

Post by WilliamMiller »

@Shkval25 - We have tested the save game, but have been unable to replicate the issue.

If you see this again we would be glad to look at that game save and hopefully catch the issue in action.

Thanks.
William Miller
NWS Administrator
Shkval25

Post by Shkval25 »

I did change a couple values in the BNat1900 file. Could that be relevant to replication?
WilliamMiller

Post by WilliamMiller »

Shkval25 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:31 pm I did change a couple values in the BNat1900 file. Could that be relevant to replication?
It very well could be...if you can, please try it with the stock game - if you have the same issue let us know.

Thanks.
William Miller
NWS Administrator

Return to “Rule the Waves 3: Tech Support”