[FIXED] Submarines do not auto engage targets 1328.2

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

TheBabyJesus

[FIXED] Submarines do not auto engage targets 1328.2

Post by TheBabyJesus »

I'm not too sure if this is intended behavior or not (I hope not)? or maybe I'm just dumb and missed an easy box? The fact that it works for all other equipment(ship, air) makes me think otherwise. Build 1328.2

A submarine will not engage unless weapons are manually allocated to the target. I discovered this initially in patrols however even the sub moving through the patrol area refuses to engage, despite both sides' doctrines saying otherwise.

The submarine(friendly sub) on patrol will move toward the target as intended. However, once the target is positively identified as hostile, the friendly sub gains a targeting vector but only continues to move toward the target without firing. This also leads to strange behavior(which could be my mistake) when the sub gets close, it tends to speed up to flank speed(despite the mission setting suggestion full/cruise), leading to the sub "blinding"(deafening?) itself, often losing its target(which is fine because it's not like it's going to shoot anyway...).

I hope the file works, I've never posted before.

regards,
Attachments
SUB Patrol Test.7z
SUB target test
(19.51 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
SteveMcClaire

Re: Submarines do not auto engage targets 1328.2

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the bug report, TheBabyJesus. This will be fixed in the next update.

Return to “Tech Support”