Buy Normandy first or Red Thunder?

Combat Mission Battle for Normandy faithfully recreates the experience of tactical land warfare in Western France during World War Two.
Jagger2002

Buy Normandy first or Red Thunder?

Post by Jagger2002 »

I am suppose to get a coupon hopefully fairly soon and it should be valid up to the release date of Red Thunder. So the question is which is better to buy first-Normandy or Red Thunder?
OldSarge

Re: Buy Normandy first or Red Thunder?

Post by OldSarge »

They're both great titles, with plenty of mods and user scenarios/campaigns, so you won't go wrong with selecting one over the other. The choice really comes down to which front of the war do you enjoy the most?

There are numerous YouTube AAR videos that highlight the actions in both titles to stoke your imagination. Do you want to be leading the 'Red Devils' in their valiant attempt to hold Arnhem until relieved? Or would you prefer the role of sergeant Steiner, vastly out numbered, holding off a vast horde of T-34/85s?

There are demos available for both:
CMBN Demo
CMRT Demo

Sorry, I didn't answer your question because there isn't a correct answer. 8-)
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

I am probably more interested in Red Thunder but not sure I can wait that long. I am still waiting on my coupon before making the buy. Of course, if my coupon doesn't show, I will have rethink the whole thing.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

I saw your post about issues with the coupon, I do hope that they are able to resolve it in a timely manner.

FWIW, unless things have changed, you have 30 days from your anniversary to redeem the coupon and an extra 30 days from then to actually use it. So if they can fix your problem within the week you should be good to go for the release date.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Normandy first because it happens in my country :)
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

It is going to be both.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Outstanding! We know how you'll be spending your summer. 8-)
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Yep, it is taking up some time! All I can say for the moment is that those German MGs are real monsters.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

They are that, especially in close terrain where spotting is difficult, the panzerschrecks can ruin your day as well! This is what we do for fun! :lol:
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

If you have a pc or laptop 2021-2023 these games will not run

Return to “Combat Mission Battle for Normandy”