Log Map Overlay

Please post your wish lists for future updates and releases here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

cblattmann

Log Map Overlay

Post by cblattmann »

I would love to see a map overlay with the log entries (different icons for different actions like spotting report vs destroyed vehicle vs a combat report) where what happened to give a visual representation of the log on the map for all units or for a selected unit.

Would make it easier to get a quick understanding of what happened in the turn resolution.
CapnDarwin

Re: Log Map Overlay

Post by CapnDarwin »

We will need to think about that and how it would work. At first glance I am not sure how this works without becoming a confusing clutter of markers at end of a turn.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
cblattmann

Post by cblattmann »

Does not have to be everything like a unit arriving successfully at a certain location. But log entries that currently have a tag rather than nothing: things like combat, losses and maybe change of orders - things that affect the decision making and need to reacted to. Would be great if the radio log the hexes and unit names were clickable to take you to the location or a corresponding window. What I am looking for is to see the hotspots on the battlefield that need my attention.

What I am getting at is that for me, a newbie to the game (which I think is absolutely awesome and really sets a standard in terms of interface), it is not easy to evaluate what just happened without sifting through al log full of info.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the added info. I see where you are going. I'll note this for the team and see what is possible.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Requested Features and Ideas”