Tournament Chat Room

Check for announcements, organize your games, and post your results for the tournament here.

Moderator: Joel Billings

MaximKI

Tournament Chat Room

Post by MaximKI »

Hello everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the tournament, connect with your opponent, and raise any questions you may have.

- The Matrix team
beamslam

Re: Tournament Chat Room

Post by beamslam »

Hello Reapagan,
Your turn is aviating, every day the Soviets dig in deeper!
Pls. login to the multiplayer.

Tried to reach you by email, but it came return for some reason ?!

beamslam
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

There are now 4 active games, several on turn 4 now. We're just waiting for MacInLew in game 3 and reapagan in game 4 to accept the challenges made by their opponents.

I strongly suggest that all players check out the events mentioned in the manual for the scenario. You can look further into the details of the events by loading the editor, pressing the X button to exit the map, then clicking on the Game Event Editor text in the top center. Then click on event 3 on the right, and you can see what reinforcements will appear because of this event. In doing this just now, I noticed the 46th Infantry Division is mentioned in the event text, but isn't in the detailed list as it should be stating that it arrives in 1 turn. Anyway, useful information to know as you're playing the scenario.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

beamslam wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:48 pm Hello Reapagan,
Your turn is aviating, every day the Soviets dig in deeper!
Pls. login to the multiplayer.

Tried to reach you by email, but it came return for some reason ?!

beamslam
Hello beamslam,

If reapagan's email doesn't respond, perhaps try using the forum's private messaging system to reach out to them.
Liverpoolpacket

Post by Liverpoolpacket »

Just a couple of notes on technical issues. Nothing earth shattering but should be noted:
1. Download/upload issues - On a couple of occasions I have had issues downloading (to my machine) the turn. The result was a notification of some form of HTTP error. I retried and eventually it was posted. My opponent had issues uploading a turn (to server) but it did get through and the game continues. [Probably load issues can't be my 2 cans and a string internet.]
2. E-mail notifications - E-mail notifications seem to be hit or miss. I have received them received them late and in some cases not received them. If I log into the web site there seems to be the notification. So I have taken to logging into the game to check if the turn is available as opposed to relying on the e-mail.
terry1040

Post by terry1040 »

Liverpoolpacket wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:29 pm ...
2. E-mail notifications - E-mail notifications seem to be hit or miss. I have received them received them late and in some cases not received them. If I log into the web site there seems to be the notification. So I have taken to logging into the game to check if the turn is available as opposed to relying on the e-mail.
I noticed this as well.
Did not receive any notification over the last 2 turns.
Not a dramatic issue, but it is a great tool and should be working all the time.
Cheers
Terry
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

Thank you for bringing attention to this issue. We are looking into it.
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

Notification issues should be fixed.

Please let us know if these problems persist.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Just an update on the ongoing games. I see one has reached turn 9, while all 5 active games are up to at least turn 3.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Congratulations on K62 on his Decisive Soviet Victory in round 1. S2Tanker has also won due to default as his round 1 opponent never made contact with any of us. There are 4 ongoing games, currently all between turns 8 and 12, so on average a little over half way done. Remember, the 2 "best" losers (determined by score ratio) in round 1 will advance to round 2, so the points do matter even for the losing players. Happy Holidays to all!
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Benassen

Post by Benassen »

Thank you to the organizers of this tournament. Even though I suffered a crushing defeat against K62, I enjoyed trying to invade the Caucasus and playing War in the east 2.
Merry Christmas to everyone ;-)
RooksAndKings

Post by RooksAndKings »

Thank you for organizing the tournament! My opponent was amazing and even though I suffered tremendously it was definitely a great experience.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

Congrats to all so far!
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
verdugo94

Post by verdugo94 »

Thank you for the game RooksAndKings, it was a great experience for me too and I hope to see you in future matches.

I don´t have access to the final results yet, do we need to post them or organizers do have access?

Regards
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

Hey everyone, Happy Holidays!

If you'd be so kind as to post your results here, that would be greatly appreciated and help track how things are going in the tourney.
K62

Post by K62 »

Thank you Benassen for a good game. The result has already been mentioned.
"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak" - John Adams
verdugo94

Post by verdugo94 »

Hello, I can´t view the end game results. I am playing as a Soviet and this was the sequence:

1) I do the orders and click on end turn (nº17 for the soviet)

2) the game process the orders and kick me to the main screen as it does every time, then If I checked the game I saw the german player as active and I can´t access the turn. The error Pop up was "Can´t play this game".

3) I asked RooksAndKings to enter the game results and click on next turn hoping that I could review the game after him, he did it and I got an email that the game was over.

4) Now the game appears as a complete game and I can´t access to it either with the same pop up appearing

How could I access the game or what I did wrong?

Thank you
Liverpoolpacket

Post by Liverpoolpacket »

On the "My Games" screen. Doesn't it show each players VP? It does on mine, but we are not done yet.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I'm not sure if both players are able to view the end situation. Does it list the score in the My Games screen?

Downloading the game off the server, I see the final score as:

Soviet (verdugo94) 2787 - German (RooksAndKingz) 463 6.0 to 1
-- Soren Kierkegaard
verdugo94

Post by verdugo94 »

No, it doesn´t list the score. I have the game on My games screen but just that. Joel that Score seems reasonable from the results we got in our turn so It should be right, but it is a pity that both player can not access to the end game situation.

Return to “Race for the Caucasus Tournament”