Print output

Tech Support forum for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

MasterGunner309

Print output

Post by MasterGunner309 »

Hello all,

First off, love the game and thank you for all the hard work you have put in. Was looking to start a YouTube series and have an AI text to speech reader give the mission briefs, but it looks when you print any of the HQ mission briefs or intel briefs, they visually look ok, but if you copy and paste the PDF into a word processer, the text is all broke up. Just wondering if there is something I'm doing or if that was intentional? Below is an example

Your m issio n is to se cure th e two br idg es east and southea st of B ad Dürr heim an d el imi nate an y So viet attempt
CapnDarwin

Re: Print output

Post by CapnDarwin »

Nothing we are doing, I think. I tried to take it from PDF to Word via Acrobat and got the same mess you did. What did appear to work was saving the printout to XPS. Then open in the XPS viewer and copy and paste to Word. The words are in one piece, but the paragraph separation is gone. That should not be an issue if you are going text to speech.

Example:
THREAT ASSESSMENT FOR 4 CN MECH BGDE BG. Addy. The 20th Motor Rifle Division (MRD) has taken a beating and are still suffering from fuel and ammunition issues. This morning, the 242nd Motor Rifle Regiment (MRR) failed in reaching NAGOLD. Indeed, they took severe losses and have fallen back into a hasty defence position. The 242nd MRR is deployed with their remaining Motor Rifle Battlaion (MRB) covering the approach to TUBINGEN. The Battalion is at about 50% strength and has a few tanks in support. The 242nd is supported by their Regimental Artillery Group, it took some losses this morning and is believed to be down to two batteries. The Soviet attack helicopter fleet has taken severe losses, so it is unlikely that we will see any of them. There are indications that the Soviets may try to breakout soon. It is not clear if they intend to move East or West. Intel reports indicate that local enemy forces may contain 1 to 10 Recce, 1 to 10 Tank, 30 to 40 APC, 30 to 40 Inf, 1 to 10 SP AT, 20 to 30 HQ, 1 to 10 AD and 10 to 20 SPArty subunits. Map: Rottenburg am Neckar, Baden-Württemberg, West-Germany, 48°29'00"N 08°56'00"E. 35 x 20 km area.

As a side note, one of our Devs is a Brad Master Gunner as well. Jeff "IronMikeGolf" Sugden.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
MasterGunner309

Awesome.

I know that was outside of what you are responsible for, but thanks for taking the time and coming up with a solution. I'll give it a try. Thanks again!!
MasterGunner309

worked like a champ. Printed to XPS, used XPS viewer to open. Copied and pasted to this website:

https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/

From there i can have A.I. read it, save it as MP3 and insert it into my video. Like a briefing from the various staff.

Thanks again!!
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Glad to hear it is working for you.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Tech Support”