PBEM Classic FOW problem

Tech Support forum for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

blackcloud6

PBEM Classic FOW problem

Post by blackcloud6 »

A friend and I have started two PBEM games using the PBEM Classic method. Each time we have unselected "Enemy units are always visible," yet when the other player opens the file to play, he sees all units of both sides. When checking Difficulty Settings, "Enemy units are always visible" is selected for both sides. We cannot figure out how this is changing when the scenario saves.

The scenarios we tried are Lessons of War and Overture.

I tried to attach one of the save files, but this forum won't accept it.
cbelva

Re: PBEM Classic FOW problem

Post by cbelva »

Try zipping the file and attaching it. Are you sure that both players have the correct settings for FOW? I tried to send a classic game to myself and it worked as intended. But I didn't cross different computers.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

One thing my testing has shown is that if the receiving player has his FOW in a previous game set to show enemy units then it will reset the FOW for the PBEM turn sent him. I have reported this to Rob to look into. You may want to check and see if that was the case in your game.
Charles Belva
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

Thanks!

I went and deleted the file my opponent sent me and then saved it from his email. I then started the game and brought up the tutorial scenario and turned the settings to grognard, quit that scenario, loaded the pbem file and it loaded with being able to see his units. So, there is a work around.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We are looking at the problem and hope to get a fix working so this doesn't happen in the future.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder

Return to “Tech Support”