Scenario editor is FUBAR!

Tech Support forum for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

atuhalpa

Scenario editor is FUBAR!

Post by atuhalpa »

I don't know how many times the scenario editor has glitched and popped the error screen on me, I've stopped counting. What is wrong with the editor program? It won't save the map sometimes, won't let me deploy a unit without the error screen popping up, and other numerous errors happen quite frequently. Where is an editor manual? Where is a simple "delete" for a scenario entry in the scenario menus? Why is this game so half baked?
CapnDarwin

Re: Scenario editor is FUBAR!

Post by CapnDarwin »

Do you have screen shots of the errors or more details? Manual is in work and behind as I have had some time lost to personal issues the past few weeks. We are happy to answer questions.

There is a delete function in the scenario selection screen and a checkbox to allow multi-selecting scenarios to delete.

Once the Scenario editor and Battle Planning docs are done, I plan to have a Stream on how to make/edit a scenario.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

The documentation for the editor is being worked on:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 9&t=390408

However, I think the process is going to be cumbersome compared to other games like CMO or the CM series. I hope I am wrong and an excited group of users begin posting new content like for those games over many years. To be dependent on in-house scenarios would disappointing.
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

@atuhalpa, maybe I can help you. I have had a lot of experience with the editor. I personally find it very stable, so I interested is knowing what is blowing up for you and why. If you could post some screenshot and or a description as to what exactly is happening, maybe I can help you work it out. If it is a bug, we need to get them worked out. Thanks
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
atuhalpa

Post by atuhalpa »

Cool! Thanks!

Return to “Tech Support”