Potential Bug - Sound Issue

Tech Support forum for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

CheerfullyInsane

Potential Bug - Sound Issue

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

Not sure whether this is caused by the game, or if it's one of Windows delightful 'features', but....

Every time I load a PBEM++ game, the sound is fine during the replay of the enemy turn, but once I start running my own turn before sending it back, the sound gets cranked to oh-my-god-this-is-loud levels.
So if it's not Windows doing its own thing, maybe the user-preferences gets exported with the PBEM++ file?

Not a big issue, since I can just mute the game entirely, just a minor niggle.
"Something is always wrong, Baldrick. The fact that I'm not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle"
- Edmund Blackadder
CapnDarwin

Re: Potential Bug - Sound Issue

Post by CapnDarwin »

That's a new one for us. I'll make sure Rob takes a look, but sound and other settings are in the local INI files and not passed with a game (as far as I remember). We'll see what Rob says.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Thanks, this is indeed new but this description is clear enough that I have somewhere to start looking. User Prefs like that are not supposed to be propagated through PBEM++. I may not have a fix before the holidays though, sorry!

Rob C
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Hmmm, there are three independent sournd volume controls: ambient background, music on intro and extro, and then moving/firing sounds. I presume it is the latter or is it? I'm not seeing a connection in code yet so I need to refine just what I am searching for.

Thanks, Rob
CheerfullyInsane

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

IronManBeta wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:29 pm Hmmm, there are three independent sournd volume controls: ambient background, music on intro and extro, and then moving/firing sounds. I presume it is the latter or is it? I'm not seeing a connection in code yet so I need to refine just what I am searching for.

Thanks, Rob
It's the moving/firing sound. I've got the other two muted (just personal preference), and have the move/fire sound set one click above mute.
Sounds like it somehow gets reset to default, which is incredibly loud with my hardware settings.
But, as mentioned, this might just be Win10 doing its level best to be annoying. :)
"Something is always wrong, Baldrick. The fact that I'm not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle"
- Edmund Blackadder

Return to “Tech Support”