Does 'Inspect Group Waypoints' still work?

Tech Support forum for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

PeterStep

Does 'Inspect Group Waypoints' still work?

Post by PeterStep »

Have tried the FPRS method of shift select several units with movement orders then menu select 'Inspect Group Waypoints' but instead of the very useful table which shows all waypoints and timing for the selected units to allow synchronisation, it just show one unit only as if I had pressed F4. Feature or bug?
cbelva

Re: Does 'Inspect Group Waypoints' still work?

Post by cbelva »

This is an interesting question. I will run it by the programmers. It probably by design, but I will let you know.

I added this to the JIRA list FPSS-4238
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

This is by design now but I've put this idea into our feature request stack so that we don't lose track of it.

I'm glad you found value in that 'group waypoint edit' feature. It was a pain to create and so far as I know no one ever used it. Now I can say that somebody did!

Best, Rob C
PeterStep

Post by PeterStep »

Rob

I am surprised if no one used it - closest thing to a scaled down synch matrix allowing visualisation of dispersion en route and concentration at or on the objective at a point in time. I think it would be a retrograde step to remove a useful staff tool (or function performed by the staff). Admittedly BAOR C2 in the 80s was chinagraph pencils, stateboards and acetate map overlays but the single unit aspect F4 here AFAI means pencil, paper and (inevitably) eraser to achieve the same effect. I want to be the Comd rather than the SO3 Plans...

Can we keep it please?

Rgds

Peter

Return to “Tech Support”