First Impressions of Nuclear War Simulator by Matrix Games

Nuclear war simulator is a detailed realistic simulation and visualization of large-scale nuclear conflicts with a focus on humanitarian consequences. It lets you design conflict scenarios and estimate the consequences using a population density map and realistic weapons effects.
bayonetbrant

Post by bayonetbrant »

You start to ask yourself pretty quickly: Is this a mainstream game? Is this a grognard’s wargame? Is this a combat simulator? Or, is this an attempt at a mostly approachable Modeling & Simulation sandbox for purist simulator lovers only? Probably the last of those.

It is almost there from a completeness sense, but it inherently feels (at first impression) like it is just a tad below fully “done”.

I may be convinced after more time with this software that it is more than just a personal playbox of destruction.
Is this DEFCON? No.
Is this ICBM? No.
But it’s not trying to be either, and that’s…. ok? But is it ultimately enjoyable? ….. A tentative… Maybe? I need more time with it for its approach to soak in I think.

https://www.armchairdragoons.com/articl ... rix-games/

=+=+=+=+=
BayonetBrant
Editorial director ~ www.armchairdragoons.com
Host/Producter ~ Mentioned in Dispatches podcast
All around awesome dude & more handsome than I deserve to be with such a sparkling personality

Return to “Nuclear War Simulator”