Interesting, but...

Nuclear war simulator is a detailed realistic simulation and visualization of large-scale nuclear conflicts with a focus on humanitarian consequences. It lets you design conflict scenarios and estimate the consequences using a population density map and realistic weapons effects.
Rising-Sun

Interesting, but...

Post by Rising-Sun »

This is something i dont like getting into or even think about it, especially if this actually really happen in the future. But on the other hand, finding a way to disable it or shoot them down is good. But still, for those been shot down is bad too, civilians as well terrorist will like to get their hands on it and create even more problems.

I know it against politic to talk about it, but wish there a way to disable those nukes in most aggressive countries. They simply dont care about what will happen, but it will screw up the whole planet environment, etc. Like no body will win, too much of those birds landing all over the place can trigger nuclear winter and the more, the longer that winters will last. Not mention what will happen to all animal and plant life, it will be gone!
Rosseau

Re: Interesting, but...

Post by Rosseau »

I definitely hear you, Rising-Sun. I discovered today there is a "professional" version of the Nuclear War Simulator, and that sort of scares the crap out of me. Clients include the U.S Air Force, Navy, Marines, Luftwaffe, etc. Of course, these simulators probably have always existed and are necessary to train for the worst.

I lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis in '62, but will also admit I have a morbid fascination with some of the weapons. I bought Matrix ICBM on release, but have been not got around to play it.

And I will probably buy this game because it's likely to be an excellent sim. I'm just not sure yet if I can actually enjoy playing it. I bought that very popular Steam game on the pandemic years ago, but now that it actually happened, no way I can play it.

Best wishes to all!
sfbaytf

Re: Interesting, but...

Post by sfbaytf »

For just the educational value it looks interesting. Grim topic, but that's the reality of the world we live in. Curious as to how it handles the naval aspects of a potential nuclear conflict. Aside form sub launched nuclear systems its pretty much an accepted fact nukes are on warships,

Is it possible to hunt down naval assets that have nukes? What about tactical air assets that have nuclear capability.

Will wait to see video reviews on gameplay.

Return to “Nuclear War Simulator”