Nuclear War Simulator - #3 Dev Log

Nuclear war simulator is a detailed realistic simulation and visualization of large-scale nuclear conflicts with a focus on humanitarian consequences. It lets you design conflict scenarios and estimate the consequences using a population density map and realistic weapons effects.
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

AI
The Nuclear War Simulator can be controlled entirely by the user and also includes an AI that can control a country to launch nuclear weapons as a response to your actions. Each country has a political leadership figure with an AI that can be enabled and adjusted to respond to detonations on its territory and to missiles detected by early-warning radar and satellites. If several countries are controlled by the AI it will lead to an escalating series of counterattacks that will most likely end in an all-out nuclear war. This can be used to create unpredictable scenarios triggered by minimal input from the user.

Response to attack
The most basic AI response is retaliation to being attacked and to detonations that were detected on its territory. The AI counts the detonations and registers which countries were attacking it.

The AI then launches a proportional counter-attack.

It is also possible to set the balance of military to civilian targets for these attacks and to define a threshold for a disproportional all-out response.

Launch on warning
The AI can launch a response triggered by early-warning satellites or radar, even before the warheads land on its territory to avoid a disarming attack.

You can adjust the performance of the early-warning systems (reaction time, reliability, etc) and the proportionality of the response. It is possible to set a threshold on the initial attack for a launch-on-warning response. This way, the AI may decide to ride out a small attack and wait for confirmed detonations on the ground.

The early-warning response AI can be used to demonstrate some of the modern and historical nuclear response policies. There is a scenario provided with the simulation where a false alarm is simulated triggering an accidental nuclear war.

Keep in touch with the community of NWS, use the Forum to discuss your discoveries with other users and join the Discord server https://discord.gg/f9yc7c6bJs where the Dev regularly updates the users about the development progress and discusses requests and changes.
Rob322

Re: Nuclear War Simulator - #3 Dev Log

Post by Rob322 »

Hi, this looks interesting. The screens I've seen show modern day borders. Will it also contain scenarios of say, different points in the Cold War? An all (or mostly) bomber scenario from the 1950's might be interesting or a mid-1980's one where everyone is essentially maxed out might also be interesting.

Thanks!
keithbkscty24

Re: Nuclear War Simulator - #3 Dev Log

Post by keithbkscty24 »

Hey, this title seems interesting considering the world situation. I like the idea of tailoring your weapons systems and delivery vehicles. It would be nice to have a database of the known warheads and a text and picture of them. I dunno if that is already planned or not. Are there any airplanes such as Looking Glass or TACAMO or Air Force One in this game?? would be cool if there was. I have some real world experience you could say with the command and control aspect of this ecosystem. It's nice that the locations of military installations where nuclear forces are stationed and forward deployed is modeled.

Overall, I will be looking forward to see how development progresses in the near future. Good luck developers!!

Return to “Nuclear War Simulator”