CVL Conversion question

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
madflava13

CVL Conversion question

Post by madflava13 »

I started a new campaign and tried to convert an old BB to a CVL. I understand the mechanic where you add a flight deck and aircraft and click the red checkbox which prompts the "would you like to convert this..." dialogue. What I don't understand is how to make the ship model now show the flight deck? Nothing changes with the superstructure, etc. Any ideas?
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
Stelteck

Re: CVL Conversion question

Post by Stelteck »

In rules the wave 2, i added a big square on the bottom side of the ship over everything(structures, guns, etc..) to simulate the flight deck.

Unfortunately, i did not manage to find the option to do it in rules the waves 3, so i used a button "create CV design" or something like that that reconfigured all the ship to CV. It do not look like the older ship but whatever.
Brakes are for cowards !!
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

Auto Carrier Conversion button does it all for you.
Auto Carrier Conversion.png
Auto Carrier Conversion.png (60.31 KiB) Viewed 389 times
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

This is what the CA Chester now looks like after clicking the Auto Carrier Conversion button. You can change the graphics and add or delete graphical elements if you wish after the ship has been redrawn.

To begin the process right click a ship in your Ships in Service tab and select Open Design for Rebuild.
After clicking Auto Carrier Conversion.png
After clicking Auto Carrier Conversion.png (77.14 KiB) Viewed 387 times
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

I totally missed that button, thanks!
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”