Why is every single battle a night battle?

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
codextero

Why is every single battle a night battle?

Post by codextero »

While I appreciate a good night battle every once in a while, in my 10 hours so far, I have tallied 55 Night battle and 2 day battle. All my carriers and capital ships run as fast as they can in the other direction while torpedo destroyers do 99% of the fighting. What is causing this?
madflava13

Re: Why is every single battle a night battle?

Post by madflava13 »

Sounds like bad luck. I've maybe had one night battle in roughly the same amount of time playing.
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
RHoenig

Post by RHoenig »

One thing to keep in mind is, that if you train night fighting, the likelihood of getting night battles increases.

That being said, not to the extend you have experienced - I don't think I have seen such a bad distribution of night to day battles...ever.

I haven't really counted along, but on a guess I'd say between 10 and 20% of my battles have been night battles.
With perhaps another 10 to 20% battles that start half an hour before sunrise or half an hour before sundown
"Tell the King: After the battle my head is at his disposal, during the battle he may allow me to use it!
GenLt. Seydlitz to Frederik the Great after disobeying an order to attack

R. Hoenig, Germany
WilliamMiller

Post by WilliamMiller »

codextero wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:40 am While I appreciate a good night battle every once in a while, in my 10 hours so far, I have tallied 55 Night battle and 2 day battle. All my carriers and capital ships run as fast as they can in the other direction while torpedo destroyers do 99% of the fighting. What is causing this?
If this trend continues, if you can, please upload your save for that game by going to RTW3s Save folders, zipping up the correct save folder, and eother posting it here or leaving a link to it here using a file-sharing website like WeTransfer, MediaFire, Google Drive, Drop Box, etc. This would help to determine what may be happening in your game.
William Miller
NWS Administrator
Naval Warfare Simulations
https://www.navalwarfare.net/

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”