One More Turn

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
donkuchi19

One More Turn

Post by donkuchi19 »

I've been around Matrix Games for a long time. (Think Reach for the Stars and the original War in the Pacific and even Pure Sim Baseball 2005) (Beta tested Crown of Glory and Empires in Arms) I purchased this game yesterday after work, watched a few You Tube videos on how to play and thought I would give it a try before reading the rules. I started my game as Italy in 1890 (as suggested in one of the videos) with a small fleet just to give it a quick play around before reading the rules. I figured I would give it a few turns and then read the rules to figure out what was going on and then I would dive into playing it today. Well the infamous, "One more turn" issue reared it's ugly head. At about 1:00 in the morning, my wife texted me asking if I was coming to bed. I answered her soon, "I'm just going to do one more turn." So I joined her in bed at 5:00 am.

I haven't played a game like this where it kept me enthralled for 'one more turn' on the day of purchase since the original Distand Worlds back in 2010.

And for a quick AAR, I built up Italy's navy, and beat Austria-Hungary in a short war (after spending quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to end my first battle scenerio - who'd think to click the X in the corner to end a part of a game without exiting the game?) I continued to build up my fleet and designed a few ships. Kept upgrading ships until Austria-Hungry tried for round 2 where I thrashed them even sinking half of their battleship fleet and many cruisers. Allied with Germany and then got thrashed by France and Great Britain and then totally decimated my own fleet trying to build up to the dreadnaught level in the 1910's and then called it a night.

I'm off to read the rules to see what I did wrong, but want to say to the creator and staff here, Great Job on this game!
Stelteck

Re: One More Turn

Post by Stelteck »

Yes the game is really fun and addictive.
Brakes are for cowards !!
WilliamMiller

Re: One More Turn

Post by WilliamMiller »

Thanks for the kind works and support!
William Miller
NWS Administrator
Naval Warfare Simulations
https://www.navalwarfare.net/

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”