No planes on my carriers

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
weinsoldner

No planes on my carriers

Post by weinsoldner »

I have built several types of planes including fighters and torpedo bombers fit for use on carriers. But I am not able to transfer planes to my carriers????
madflava13

Re: No planes on my carriers

Post by madflava13 »

Have you created a new airgroup or two for each carrier?
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
weinsoldner

Post by weinsoldner »

If I look at all the availlable planes it shows planes capable for carrier duty but when I try to create a new airgroup it only shows the planes stationed at airbases not fit for carrier duty.
Searry

Post by Searry »

Create an airgroup for the carrier directly so you don't get confused, it also auto checks the carrier capability.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
tiemanjw

Post by tiemanjw »

When you create a squadron [of carrier capable a/c such as dive bombers], there is a checkbox for "carrier qualified" that must be checked as well. CQ squadrons are more expensive to maintain AND will suffer from quality issues if you have too many airframe compared to CVs (and CVLs). Too many is defined in the manual, but if memory serves correctly its about 125% of the "spots" available on all your carriers in peacetime and about 150% in war time. The game warns you each turn where this is the case.
Note that some attributes of squadrons can be changed after formation... eg you can "add" night qualification to a squadron at any time (taking a proficiency hit), change the number of airframe or even the type of airframe (ie a fighter to jet fighter). I'm not sure if you can add CQ to a squadron though.
Searry

Post by Searry »

Also note that when you go for a CV heavy navy you should keep your CVs active so the training level of your squadrons stays high since they are the ones who do the sinking and protecting your carriers. Neglecting the CV component of your naval air force is disastrous.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”