Unable to launch airstrikes

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
greycat

Unable to launch airstrikes

Post by greycat »

Playing as Germany in 1929, I have no ship based aircraft but plenty of land based. However, I have never been able to launch an airstrike - the button is always greyed out :( . Can anyone suggest an reason for this, please? (I'd like to attach a save game, but I can't work out which file type to send.)
CMagras

Re: Unable to launch airstrikes

Post by CMagras »

greycat wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:34 am Playing as Germany in 1929, I have no ship based aircraft but plenty of land based. However, I have never been able to launch an airstrike - the button is always greyed out :( . Can anyone suggest an reason for this, please? (I'd like to attach a save game, but I can't work out which file type to send.)
Land based strikes are automatic, you need ship based aircraft to launch a strike
greycat

Post by greycat »

Thank you for the explanation, that makes sense. (The manual is rather misleading.) I'm not sure that my several torpedo bomber squadrons have ever managed to attack anything, though! :cry:
Garwin

Post by Garwin »

Land base strikes are somewhat a worse quality than carrier strikes as they were not usually as well trained for naval warfare.

They are still usefull and they can disrupt defences or can strike after you carrier strike. But most important for land aicraft is using correct basis close the action.
dorn
NWS beta tester
Searry

Post by Searry »

Land based air forces are great when the quality of planes suddenly spikes in the 40s. Long range aviation can sink a very large amount of ships after you have spent all of your CV air groups.

Before the 40s they are more like coastal defenses.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”