Scale objective values over time?

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
Blothorn

Scale objective values over time?

Post by Blothorn »

Just sank 3 CAs and a DD, but lost because the AI's 16k points for sinking two transports outweighed the damage to those four ships. This is one extreme of a pattern I've noticed--in the ironclad era ships aren't worth many damage points and fulfilling objectives is critical, while by the 40s I largely ignore objectives because even a relatively small advantage in ship damage outweighs them.

I think it would be helpful to scale the points given by objectives--at least by era so they roughly keep up with the inflation of ship values, and possibly also by battle size.
Attachments
Screenshot_25.png
Screenshot_25.png (133.4 KiB) Viewed 307 times
iancmtaylor

Re: Scale objective values over time?

Post by iancmtaylor »

Ship value should also be proportional to the total amount of damage points that the country has. If you sink one of a country's 4 BBs, you should be highly rewarded.
I am /u/SharkMolester, moderator of /r/DistantWorlds and BFHKitteh, admin of https://dw2.fandom.com/wiki/Distant_Worlds_2_Wiki.

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”