Non-aircraft option

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
alhillx

Non-aircraft option

Post by alhillx »

I would like to see an option to play the game through its entire time span, but with aircraft completely turned off.

This is obviously not historical, but I always found the gunned ship era of the game more interesting than the aircraft carrier era of the game. I would enjoy being able to continue to fight with guns only for an extended period of time. RTW2 had the options to delay aircraft to some degree, but it would be nice to simply turn them off completely if you want to play the game that way. The Dreadnought era of the game always seems to go too quickly for my taste.
JagdFlanker

Re: Non-aircraft option

Post by JagdFlanker »

alhillx wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:27 pm I would like to see an option to play the game through its entire time span, but with aircraft completely turned off.

This is obviously not historical, but I always found the gunned ship era of the game more interesting than the aircraft carrier era of the game. I would enjoy being able to continue to fight with guns only for an extended period of time. RTW2 had the options to delay aircraft to some degree, but it would be nice to simply turn them off completely if you want to play the game that way. The Dreadnought era of the game always seems to go too quickly for my taste.
you can set the tech rate at game start at 10% to really extend the Dreadnought era which is a lot of fun, but (in RtW2) aircraft are hard coded to start development at around 1915 no matter what so it remains to be seen if this changes for RtW3 - it has been requested before though
Kriegsspieler

Post by Kriegsspieler »

For what it's worth, I too would like to see a no-aircraft option, although it's not a deal-breaker for me. I don't know if the basic game design would allow for it to be put in at this date. I too have used a slower tech rate to prevent aircraft from appearing, and it is a viable alternative approach. The obvious downside is that it slows everything else up, too!
JagdFlanker

Post by JagdFlanker »

there is a 'slow aircraft development' option when you start a new game already in place, but i'v never used it so not sure how much later it introduces aircraft
CMagras

Post by CMagras »

alhillx wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:27 pm I would like to see an option to play the game through its entire time span, but with aircraft completely turned off.

There is a mod for this for RTWII

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”