No alliances?

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
Ekaton

No alliances?

Post by Ekaton »

In the list of new features, I can see that we will finally have wars between AI states, but I can’t see anything about alliances. Is it fair to assume that these wars are fought 1 vs 1, or are there coalitions/defence treaties etc? Also, if a country is aggressive and attacks another one, would other countries be more likely to join the aggressor?
I need ten females for each male...
JagdFlanker

Re: No alliances?

Post by JagdFlanker »

short answer - yes

you the player can't initiate an alliance offer (at least for RtW1/2), but you will get offers from other countries for alliances

if you grow too strong other countries will form pacts against you, and if a war starts between one of the pact members all pact members join in

also if a country sets their subs to 'unrestricted warfare' and they start randomly sinking civilian ocean liners, tensions will shrink (or grow against you if you are the one sinking civilian ships), and if tensions against you hit minimum they may join your cause (and vice versa)

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”