ideas for rtw4 or for mods

Rule the Waves III is a simulation of naval ship design and construction, fleet management and naval warfare from 1890 to 1970. and will place you in the role of 'Grand Admiral' of a navy from the time when steam and iron dominated warship design up to the missile age.
czert2

ideas for rtw4 or for mods

Post by czert2 »

economy

first, i will love to have more control over state economy (and displaying various states of it). as of now, there isnt much of profit from deciding to get money cut in favor of building more railroads, budget increase from it is small, and doest look it will pay of in long term.
so some indication of how well state econom is doing (and will be affceted by this) will be great, with states of economy like - bankrupt, poor, ok, expanding, booming...etc.

same goes for eduation, some states start with poor education, some with excelent, with no posibility to change it during gameplay, yet it have great effects gameplay wise. will love posibity to influence it (read accept budget cuts to improve education and speed of inventing new tech)

and as subsection of state economy we will have steel production, and i dont care much if it will be shown in toones or it will be abstract like minimal, enough, exporting,importing, world leader in export...etc.
since i realy hate when i refit/build many ships only to see that ship xxxx construction was delayed because lack of steel, and can do nothing about it.

and as budget wise, game is geared imo into way that player allways most profit - booth short and long term - by allways selection options which will give him bigest budget increase.

and i will love if there is posibility to expand shipyard capacity, since now you cant do it, preventing some historical build ups.
yes, i know you can increase max ship displacement which increase shipyard capacity, but once you hit 100 000, you cant increase your shipyard capacity anymore, you did hit ceiling.

now lets move to diplomacy.

i will love if player will have more control on diplomacy, with posibility to sugest some things to goverment , like invade colony xxxx (to secure oil, strategic bases...ect) which can be rejected.

same goes for increasing/decreasing relationsphip with xxxxx state.

posibility to manualy start buy/sell/gift technology to state xxxx

technology

well, these are ideas just how to make battleship yamato posible in game, no idea if make it universal of just japan only

first is technology which will give us posibility to reduce weight of deck armor. with current technology/concept it is imposible to recreate yamato in its idea - to be armed with 3x3 18in guns and be imune to them over certain range, even with 100 000 tons limit.

second technology is simple too - it will allow us to centerline mounts for secondary guns too.

third will be universal - it will increase ship stability , allow us to mount more things on ship. not only to simulate how many aaa did yamato have in his later refit.

new playable countries

not only for more variety, but more realism too
add these pls - turkey, belgium, netherlands

well, that is all for now.
EvanJones

Re: ideas for rtw4 or for mods

Post by EvanJones »

and as budget wise, game is geared imo into way that player always most profit - booth short and long term - by always selection options which will give him biggest budget increase.

You have to beware that creeping peacetime overspending unrest, though. That keeps you in line a bit. (Even the fascists, being pirates, want to live high on the hog on stolen loot, NOT a life under the burden of of Full War Production.) I think it's a function of economy divided by base. So the higher your base, the higher your budget can get without causing too much unrest.

Budget is highly variable, but bounces up and down around a function of your your base resources. By boosting base resources -- RRs, etc., and taking reparations instead of colonies -- you can ramp up your base resources in a big way. It's not immediately obvious, but it's there.

E.g., as Italy, I can blockade and heavily extort Austria Hungary by treaty, definitely rejecting Dalmatia (etc.), which is to be taken by force, not as loot. That way you wind up with Dalmatia (+ prestige from the attendant battles!) AND those 6 points added to your economy, points that you would have spent on taking it. Unlike colonies, those reparations bucks don't fade out, they compound. Italy can easily wind up as #3 economy in the world, or even #2.

(This is not a universal rule. Sometimes you want to grab it all, sometimes you grab just enough for an expansion foothold and the rest in reps, mix and match. Depends on who you are, when it is, and "circumstances", which is one of the huge strengths of this game.)
czert2

Post by czert2 »

so taking colonies doesnt increase your base income ? i thought rhat colonies allways increase your basic income (resources), even by minimal amount (1).
WLRoo

Post by WLRoo »

czert2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 pm so taking colonies doesnt increase your base income ? i thought rhat colonies allways increase your basic income (resources), even by minimal amount (1).
Nope, Colonial Income is it's own section to allow for it being high in the early game and low in the mid-late game.

As for the choice of budget increase or invest in railways/highways:

The budget increase only affects your modifier, and will usually get countered within 6 months.

The Investment bonus, on the other hand, adds directly to your base resources and thereby benefits from your twice-yearly (3 times for nations with, I think, GGP) % increases in base resources. I think the same is true of investing in Social Programmes, with the added benefit of cutting Unrest.
EvanJones

Post by EvanJones »

You get a 200 bump to your base economy for either RRs or highways. As this compounds over time, I take them over the more attractive option in spite of the fact that I am a strictly prestige player. (Also the option to get rid of Caution, no matter WHAT it costs in prestige! You will lose more prestige in the long run if you don't.)

If you reject colonies for the base bump after you win a war, you will have a roaring economy before long . . .

Return to “Rule the Waves 3”