Emancipation in 1861

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
TangSooDo

Emancipation in 1861

Post by TangSooDo »

Not sure just where to post this, but I have started a game with v.1.02 as Confederate vs. Union AI and the Union has declared the Emancipation Proclamation in June, 1861! This has severely reduced the liklihood of European intervention for the CSA with England and Spain providing 0 MPPS and France sending 12 MPPS. Seems very wrong.
OldCrowBalthazor

Re: Emancipation in 1861

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

You got unlucky. The AI chose Yes to Garibaldi. I think there is only a 15% chance of that happening. (I could be wrong but it's a low percentage).

Best bet just restart.

Btw...the best place to post a question like this is probably the main forum where a lot more folks may see your query. I just happened to drift here to see if someone posted a new strategy or insight 🙂
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Just to add that you can find more details about Garibaldi and an explanation of all that involves, including the earlier Emancipation Proclamation, on page 26 of the 1861 Blue and Gray Strategy Guide.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
TangSooDo

Post by TangSooDo »

Thanks for the prompt explanation. While I'm whining, the Missouri state guard also surrendered without being defeated in combat. I know they can't survive indefinitely, but that was also a rude surprise.
Bobo2025

Post by Bobo2025 »

TangSooDo wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:00 am Thanks for the prompt explanation. While I'm whining, the Missouri state guard also surrendered without being defeated in combat. I know they can't survive indefinitely, but that was also a rude surprise.
Yeah not a fan of the "gave up and went home" for that bunch.

I'd almost prefer the the EP didn't happen, at least, until Garibaldi arrives not when he is selected.
Duedman

Post by Duedman »

Garibaldi triggering early Emancipation should be good in the long run if you are trying to get a European power into the war.
Emancipation always drops Euro Mobilization by 40-60%
But that early you lose just about 15%.... because you do not have more than that.
So while I am not sure about that I think it should benefit the CSA regarding Euro diplo

Return to “The War Room”