New hex and unit types ?

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderator: Saint Ruth

CSO_Talorgan

New hex and unit types ?

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

Does this game allow you to create new hex types for inclusion in the game?

Does this game allow you to create new unit types for inclusion in the game?

(Unfortunately Santa didn't bring me a copy, so I still have no hands-on experience with this series)

How close to a sandbox is it?
BiteNibbleChomp

Re: New hex and unit types ?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Unfortunately it is not possible to create new hex types, but in saying that I think we already have every hex type imaginable except for some strangely shaped rivers/channels, so you're not lacking for anything on that front.

New units, and terrain for that matter too, can be created by overwriting existing slots and then changing their stats. If for instance you wanted an 'infantry Army' unit, you could rename the Mountain Division slot (in the localisation.txt file) to 'Army', and then give it appropriate stats to make it stronger than a Corps.
Where I didn't require them for ACW content, I have left the code for unit slots as is from the WW2 versions of the game, so tanks and planes can be easily added - I put some details on how to do this in the back of the manual.

The default settings and units in the editor should allow you to represent any conflict between about 1830 and 1910 comfortably, and with a bit of playing around you can do much more - I made a mod for SC2 covering the Napoleonic Wars a few years ago, and the editor in this game is much more versatile than the older game's one was.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Strategic Command Designer
https://www.youtube.com/@bitenibblechomp
CSO_Talorgan

Re: New hex and unit types ?

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

Thank you

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”