Failure Notice

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderator: Saint Ruth

Gustophus

Failure Notice

Post by Gustophus »

I have created a mod on the Spanish American War. When I loaded the Americans side, it goes through fine ( so far). However, I loaded the Spanish side to see if the flag and seal would actually be replaced in the decision events (it was not show such in the editor). The turn waits for the US to make its moves and never gets through its turn. The US doesn't even get to more their units yet.

I get the following message:

FAILED(animate_artificial_intelligence): Segmentation violation

The first event for the turn fires (sometimes), and doesn't get passed the second event. Sometimes the loop and territory events tied to the decision takes place, but at other times it just crashes with the same warning.

I reviewed these decision events (AI is at 75% for both) for flaws and don't see any. I reviewed all events tied to the decisions. I did correct some country IDs that needed changing, hoping this would do it, but I get the same results.

What does this error mean so that I may begin to pinpoint the issue to fix it?
Gustophus

Re: Failure Notice

Post by Gustophus »

I have come across a .dat file that appears in My Games file that was not there before. I try to attach it here, but it give an error for invalid extension. I opened it in notepad, with some legible and some not. It appears to involve campaign info and turn based info. Not sure how I could have messed that up.
Attachments
dat file.txt
(4.23 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi,

Is it possible to send a full copy of the custom campaign, e.g. the custom campaign as well as the subfolders, to support@furysoftware.com?

You can use WeTransfer to send the files if they are too large for email.

And if you could send me the contents of the ERROR folder, e.g. this will hold all the error save files and info there as well, as that would be great.

This can typically be found here:

\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command - American Civil War

Thanks,
Hubert
Gustophus

Post by Gustophus »

Thank you Hubert.

I emailed the files to the email you gave.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”