Labelling and Adding Loop Hexes

Please posts your wishlists, new feature and interface tweak requests here for the developers to review.
mdsmall

Labelling and Adding Loop Hexes

Post by mdsmall »

Hi - I appreciate that you have created this forum to allow players to suggest new features for this fun new title in the in the Strategic Command series.

Would it be possible to add some text, either on the map or in a pop-up, that explains how the loop hexes work (as has been done for the naval loop hexes from the Atlantic to the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf in the SC WW1 and WW2 games)? I found it confusing to figure out the function of each loop hexes and I never knew how many turns it would take for my union naval units to transit around Florida. Ditto for the loop from Kansas to New Mexico.

It would also be great if players could get a pop-up informing them when a naval unit had completed a loop move. I found it easy to forget that I had sent a gunboat to the Gulf of Mexico. A little pop-up at the beginning of the turn saying that a vessel had arrived in Key West would be very helpful.

Also, might you consider adding a loop hex to Key West in the mid-Atlantic region, i.e. reachable in one naval move from the Union ports in Chesapeake Bay? I found it a bit odd having to send ships and divisions on transports loaded in Washington or Baltimore north to the loop hexes off New Jersey when their destination was actually south to the Gulf.

Finally, could you add a land loop hex that works in reverse in the West to allow units to move from New Mexico to Kansas?
BiteNibbleChomp

Re: Labelling and Adding Loop Hexes

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

The loop hexes do have popups associated with them - mouse over them and it will say where they go and how long it should take to get there. Is it possible you have turned off the Map Info button (that blue 'i' symbol near the minimap)?

I have considered a mid-Atlantic loop to Key West, my biggest concern is that it needs to be in coastal hexes in order to be used by gunboats and monitors, and there's not a lot of space along the coastline which isn't being used for anything in that area. I don't want the loops to be somewhere where they might get in the way of a battle. New Jersey is likely never going to be attacked by anything, I can't say the same for anything south of Delaware.

The Union has three loops that go from New Mexico to the East. These are located at 27,62, 26,74 and 23,88.

- BNC
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (179.96 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Ryan O'Shea - Strategic Command Designer
https://www.youtube.com/@bitenibblechomp
mdsmall

Re: Labelling and Adding Loop Hexes

Post by mdsmall »

Hi BNC - many thanks for the tip about the blue map info button. Somehow it was turned off in my last game. Clicking it on resolved all my issues about labelling the loops.

Cheers

Michael

Return to “Features Suggestions”