Remap Keys Please..I beg you

Please posts your wishlists, new feature and interface tweak requests here for the developers to review.
hvypetals

Remap Keys Please..I beg you

Post by hvypetals »

As the title states I think the SC series really needs to allow players to customize their hotkeys.

Im not a lefty so reaching across the keyboard to arrow the screen around is..obtuse. I am a huge fan of the SC series. But if this feature could be implemented it would be better than sliced bread.

Please to whom it may concern. WASD would be infinitely more convenient.

Sorry.
metabagel

Re: Remap Keys Please..I beg you

Post by metabagel »

In the meantime, while you are waiting for the developers to offer this option, I believe if you are running Windows this should allow you to do what you want to do. It takes a little bit of figuring out, but you should be able to remap hotkeys for a specific application.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... rd-manager
Keyboard Manager enables you to remap shortcuts for only specific apps (rather than globally across Windows).

For example, in the Outlook email app the shortcut Ctrl+E is set by default to search for an email. If you prefer instead to set Ctrl+F to search your email (rather than forward an email as set by default), you can remap the shortcut with "Outlook" set as your "Target app".

Keyboard Manager uses process-names (not application names) to target apps. For example, Microsoft Edge is set as "msedge" (process name), not "Microsoft Edge" (application name). To find an application's process name, open PowerShell and enter the command get-process or open Command Prompt and enter the command tasklist. This will result in a list of process names for all applications you currently have open.
You would need to install PowerToys.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... ys/install
Agathos2288

Re: Remap Keys Please..I beg you

Post by Agathos2288 »

I admanantly second this request! I can't believe how many devs won't believe many of us are just much more comfortable using WASD to move the map around for this type of game. I've had to create numerous launch apps to get around this. A simple 'HOTKEY MAPPING' feature in the game would make this so much easier and more ready to play.

Also, as mentioned in another thread, ESC leaves the app is quite annoying as well.

Return to “Features Suggestions”