Display State Name On Mouse Hover For Owned Hexes

Please posts your wishlists, new feature and interface tweak requests here for the developers to review.
IslandInland

Display State Name On Mouse Hover For Owned Hexes

Post by IslandInland »

I have noticed if you hover the cursor over enemy or neutral territory the name of the state to which the hex is part of is displayed.

When doing the same playing as the Union it just says "Union" but not the name of the state.

I would like this feature to be extended to cover owned territory. I am not American and my geographical knowlegde of individual states is poor to non-existent and this small change would be very helpful to me if I could see at a glance to which state a hex in my (friendly) territory belongs to.
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
metabagel

Re: Display State Name On Mouse Hover For Owned Hexes

Post by metabagel »

I was born in the USA, and I sometimes have trouble figuring out where I am on the map, so I agree this would be a welcome feature to add.
Falgazar

Post by Falgazar »

Didn't want to start a new thread same topic more or less.
If you are going to add to mouse over, can you add something to say why a unit cannot move into a hex. Also would be nice to know where those red arrows are sending your units, naval and land.
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

I've noticed that for both sides I will get the two letter code for the state...but only if I mouse over a nearby named settlement of any size or a port. Unsettled hexes no.

Oswego.jpg
Oswego.jpg (37.9 KiB) Viewed 254 times

Return to “Features Suggestions”