Combat Mission: Cold War Public Beta Tournament

Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

Matrix Games and Battlefront are pleased to announce the first Combat Mission: Cold War public Beta tournament is now open.

Anyone who has Combat Mission: Cold War can enter.

You can join the tournament from within the game:
Go to > SAVED GAMES & PBEM > Join Automatic PBEM++ & Tournaments > Sign in > Select Beta Tournament and click [JOIN]

The first round will commence on Wednesday, 29th June 2022 9:00am GMT.

Missions Description:
  • 17 July 1982. Soviet armored elements lead the exploitation of their unit's breakthrough. US CAV units seek to interdict them
    US Rangers try to take a bridge away from Soviet Recon
Players will need to average 1.5 turns a day to complete each Round in the allowed time. This is faster than normal as it is a Beta test tournament.

Password protection is built into the PBEM files but this feature isn't needed for tournaments so we advise you to leave all password fields blank.

There will be 2 Rounds with 10 days for each round:
  • First round’s goal is capturing a bridge
    Second round is evacuation through a small village.
The update for the Tournament on steam is already available or you can download it
here https://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CombatM ... .04.00.zip

Are you ready for the battle?
You have time to join till Wednesday, 29th June 2022 9:00am GMT.
darzininkas

Re: Combat Mission: Cold War Public Beta Tournament

Post by darzininkas »

Hello,

Can not join tournament game. Received an invitation to make my turn, but once logged in, Join button is inactive.

I have the game on steam. Version 01.05.00

Please help.
nijis

Re: Combat Mission: Cold War Public Beta Tournament

Post by nijis »

I am also having difficulty playing the tournament on Steam, v 1.05.

I logged in and saw the game file in my active games. I joined, and saw the Soviet flag and set a password. The game file then disappeared from my active games, and I have not seen it since.

It could be that it's just waiting for my opponent to do a turn. But when I tried this before on a random PBEM multiplayer game, the active game remained visible even when I was waiting for my opponent.

UPDATE: The file is now visible, but says "Please do not touch." I assume that it is being handled by the admins. Thanks!

Return to “Public Beta Tournament”