PBEM Overview Last Turn

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.
StrategyWolf

PBEM Overview Last Turn

Post by StrategyWolf »

Hello Matrix Team,

is there a possibility to look at the last state of the map before its beeing sent to the opponent in a PBEM?

For my LetsPlay I am planning to do a 1861 summary, strategy overview and outlook in the next year.
Therefore, I would love to explain and talk about things on map with the current situation. Is this last state of the map somewhere saved in my local files?
If not, do you have the opportunity to pick the game on the server, open the last CSA turn available and send it to me as as a single player save?

Thank you for your help,
Strategy Wolf
Hubert Cater

Re: PBEM Overview Last Turn

Post by Hubert Cater »

Unfortunately no on all accounts.

Best bet, for next time around, is to perhaps review the last state of the map and record it before ending your turn?
StrategyWolf

Post by StrategyWolf »

Ok thanks, next time I'll do that, for this time I'll have to help myself with screenshots from the prior videos.
Maybe keep it in mind for future developments or UI improvements, i would love to have a look on an End of Turn file - something i was used to from other games like The operational Art of War 3.

Thank you for your quick anser,
SW
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks and off hand I'm not sure if there will ever be a change on this front, unfortunately, and my understanding for this is that it mostly has to do with limiting potential cheating, e.g. hacking save files to reveal otherwise hidden opponent info and so on.

As developers, there is a protocol that we follow for the multiplayer setup via the PBEM++ server, and this is one of those etc.
StrategyWolf

Post by StrategyWolf »

Makes sense and I guess security should be priorotized.
However, keep this in mind, would be a very nice upgrade for future developments in case you manage to get it secure :)

Return to “Tech Support”