Editor.ini error

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.
Platoonist

Editor.ini error

Post by Platoonist »

I'm getting this prompt when I try to start up the editor lately. Clicking okay just gets you back to the desktop.

Editor error.jpg
Editor error.jpg (41.36 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
Hubert Cater

Re: Editor.ini error

Post by Hubert Cater »

That would be odd if it is a sudden issue, what I would recommend is to navigate to the following folder on your PC and then deleting the Editor.ini file found there. It will be rebuilt the next time you launch the Editor.

\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command - American Civil War
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

The other issue is that perhaps the Editor is not pointing to the correct folder, which could be a permissions issue and anti-virus software related.

e.g. if the anti virus software is preventing you from reading the USER documents folder. That could be a new setting, e.g. a new protective setting, and something worth looking into on your end as well.
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

Hubert Cater wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:05 pm That would be odd if it is a sudden issue, what I would recommend is to navigate to the following folder on your PC and then deleting the Editor.ini file found there. It will be rebuilt the next time you launch the Editor.

\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command - American Civil War

That seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks! 8-)

I got a new monitor a few weeks ago. Maybe, that was a factor although I seem to recall being able to open the editor since.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Great :)

Return to “Tech Support”