Installing ACW Version 1.02

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.
LoneRunner

Installing ACW Version 1.02

Post by LoneRunner »

If you are wondering how to update your game to version 1.02, here's how I did it.

Clicking on "Update" in the game intro screen didn't work, so I went to "My Page" in Matrix.

Find your American Civil War game, then click "File Downloads".

The next screen is kind of confusing because there's three blue download buttons. Chose the blue "Download" button that corresponds with "Strategic Command: American Civil War Update". For me it was the button closest to the top of the screen. The other two buttons are for initially downloading the game but they download the 1.01 version. The update only provides one button labeled US. Maybe it identified that I'm in the US?

Anyway, click Download and a zip file is downloaded into your downloads folder. I extracted the zip file into a separate folder named "Updates" that I created inside my ACW folder.

After the zip file is extracted go to the folder that you extracted the file into. Double click on the extracted file and the program begins updating your 1.01 game file. I didn't even have to provide my serial number.

Hope that works for you.
Boonierat1972

Re: Installing ACW Version 1.02

Post by Boonierat1972 »

Worked for me, thanks!
Stéphane Moutin-Luyat
Vietnam Combat Operations
John B.

Post by John B. »

That worked for me as well. Thanks for posting this!
John Barr
Bonners

Post by Bonners »

Thanks for this, just bought the game having had many happy hours on previous Strategic Command Games. Couldn't get it to update and this was the first post I found. Have successfully updated to version 1.03 using this advice. Thank you.

Return to “Tech Support”